Chapter Eleven

...

I got home safely and send Ansel a quick text letting him know I've arrived, just to be left on seen. My mood alters almost instantly. It irritates me when people leave me on read or seen. I enter my flat and tell the girls that I am home. They rush into the kitchen as soon as they heard my voice, where I am seated, checking my phone to see whether he texted me back or not. The girls shout at me demanding to know if I got 'dick'. I laugh and shake my head.

"I'm sorry to disappoint you, but I didn't receive dick." I inform them. I watch as their expression morphs into a look of confusion.

"I don't get it. Why are you wearing his clothes and why did you spend the night at his place?" Ava asks, her brows furrowed.

"Yeah, and you said you'd tell us all about yesterday, so don't make us wait." Chloe chimes in.

I tell them about what happened the night before and this morning. I tell them about the intimate moments and how he expressed his desire for me more than just a sexual relationship with me. As I finish, I notice that they both have satisfied expressions on their faces.

"He adores you, Em, and he treats you so well. I am so happy for you. Emory, you deserve this, and I am glad you both communicated with each other. " Ava says, while hugging me.

"Emory, that's incredible. He seems to be sincere but please be careful. You can always slide my way, baby girl, if he doesn't satisfy you." She smirks, looking me up and down like I'm her next meal. She approaches me and gives me a hug, which I return before hitting the back of her head. She takes a step back and mutters, 'ouch'.

"I don't know where I'd be without the two of you; I'm not sure where I'd be without you." I tell them, honestly. "However, I'm perplexed. He left me on seen after I texted him. Maybe I was overdoing it? But he told me to text him when I got home." I explain to them.

"He's a jerk for that, even if he was busy, he could've texted you that he was preoccupied at the moment." Chloe says, giving me unexpectedly good advice. Ava only nods, as if she's deep in a thought, and doesn't say anything. I nod as well, trying to figure out what went wrong.

"Let's not ruin the mood; let's go out tonight. It's still Friday, and I have no plans for the weekend." I say, attempting to lighten the mood. Maybe a good night out is what I needed. Hopefully the girls would tag along.

"You're absolutely correct. Let's get together for a girls night out. We can go get our toes and nails done. Then we can go clubbing." Chloe says. I nod, agreeing with her. I didn't want to spend the rest of the night in my head. I simply assumed we were doing fine. Perhaps, I'm overthinking this situation. With that last thought, I enter my room in search of appropriate attire for our pedicures.

I pulled out a white tank top and white sweatpants. I knot the white tank top in the front into a small bun so that it displays a little bit of my stomach. I slipped on my sweatpants and a pair of off-white Air Jordan 4s.

 I slipped on my sweatpants and a pair of off-white Air Jordan 4s