Chapter Twenty-Three

Ansel's POV

I get to my brothers house, which is more like a mansion. But I don't understand why he needs it, though. It's just him and Cher. While shaking my head, I walk into his house without knocking. Knowing that Adonis will be in his office, that's the first place I go to. Not bothering to knock, I walk right in. My brother raises his head and smiles brightly at me.

"Well, if it isn't my favorite frère," he exclaims as he stands up to hug me. I move towards his office couch, avoiding his hug.

(Brother)

"I'm your only brother, Adonis," I add, rolling my eyes. Adonis takes a seat in front of me, rolling up his sleeves.

"Only brother or not, you're still my favorite. What do you want, you hardly ever visit me?" He asks, causing me to roll my eyes once again. He's a complete idiot. I pay him visits, but not as frequently as he visits me.

"Believe it or not, I came to visit you and, of course, Cher." I stated. In reality, I was bored and had no life. My girl was at work, and I wasn't in the mood to work, so I came here.

"Eh, I don't believe it, but I'll stop questioning it. How are you, Ansel?" I shrug my shoulders when he asks me this.

"I've got a lot on my mind right now, but I'm fine. How are you?" I return the question.

"I'm good; I've simply been quite busy with work." He tells me, and I nod, understanding what he's going through. We both own multiple buildings, so I know what it's like being busy.

"That's because you like to put shit off until last minute." I say while laughing loudly. He was the biggest procrastinator I've known. He rolls his eyes and pours himself a glass of bourbon, adding a few cubes of ice, before doing the same for me. I gladly accept it and take a sip.

"Enough about work, what's this Saturday dinner I've been hearing about?" With a smirk on his face, he questions me. I figured he had to know who Emory was by now. Mom wasn't the type to keep her mouth shut.

"You, mom, and dad, are going to meet Emory. Cher already knows her. Emory is Cher's nurse." I tell him, filling him in a bit. Leaning back, I close my ears, not wanting to hear his dramatics.

"Cher met her before I did? What kind of brother are you? You kept me in the dust!" He exclaims while placing his hand over his heart, acting as if he was in pain.

"Assez, Adonis. I didn't know what I wanted with Emory at the time, so I kept it private." I explained to him.

Despite the fact that I regretted not telling him, I did what I believed was best at the time. My brother can be classified as both a best friend and a brother. It's always been us two and we're so close.

(Enough)

He nodded his head, agreeing with me. "I know you have a reason for everything you do, so I'm not mad about it. I'm looking forward to Saturday's dinner. Tell me more about this Emory girl." He says while getting comfortable in his seat.

It was time for me to stop keeping Emory hidden from Adonis, so I told him about her. I hold him about how we met and out dates, as well as some of our intimate times. I told him because, as I already stated, he's like my best friend, so I filled him on all the details.

Yes, we both enjoy gossiping.

"You fingered her, in a restaurant?" He laughs out loud. "You horny bastard, couldn't keep your hands to yourself, huh?" He teases me. I lower my head and pour myself some more bourbon.

"She's simply so beautiful, and her personality tops it all. To answer your question, no I couldn't keep my hands to myself." I tell him the truth, and his eyes widen. For a few minutes he just stared at me, seeming to be in a deep thought, while pouring himself another glass of bourbon.