Chapter Eighteen

Emory's POV

When I awoke, I was only wearing a long shirt. Knowing it was Ansel who put it on me, I smile. I look around to see if he was there, but he wasn't. I've made the decision to just get ready for the day. Opening my bag I packed, I begin to look for what to wear.

I pull out a white strapless shirt and black ripped baggy jeans. It's getting a little chilly outside, so I pair it with a red streetwear sweatshirt. I look for my black and white Jordan 1s and place them next to my outfit. I leave my clothes in his room and head to the bathroom to shower. Once I finished showering, I grab a towel before heading back to his room.

The room was still empty so I dropped my towel and grabbed underwear, putting them on. After that, I put on my clothes. Walking into his bathroom, I straightened my hair, making it look smoother than it had been previously. I settled on some Vaseline and proceeded to find Ansel.

I walk into the living area and find him sitting on the couch, staring at his laptop. I stroll over to couch and wrap my arms around his shoulders, kissing his cheek, wiping away the leftover Vaseline. I mutter a small 'oops' before walking around the couch to sit on it. He gives me a small smile as he looks up at me.

"What are you up to?" I ask him. I knew he had to be working on his job, but I adored his voice, so why not have him talk?

"I'm getting some work done before we leave." He tells me while taking my hand into his, leaving kisses all over it. While holding my hand, he continues to work on shit I don't understand.

It's tiny gestures like this that drive me completely insane. I need to hug whoever this boy's mother is because she did a good job raising him. I lean my head on his shoulder as I observe him work. He closes his laptop after about half an hour. Ansel stands up, grabbing both of my hands lifting me up with him.

He kisses me on the lips. It wasn't a hurried or rough type of kiss. He took his time exploring my mouth. Our lips twisted together, fitting against each other perfectly. It was an intense yet passionate kiss. When we stopped kissing to catch our breath, his lips were shiny due to the Vaseline on my lips.

"Thank you for the chapstick, princess." He says, rubbing his lips together. I blush and laugh at his joke.

He gets his phone, keys, and wallet off of the kitchen counter. Once he realizes that we have everything, we walk to his car. We got in the car, and I fastened my seatbelt. He did the same before starting the car, putting his hand on my thigh.

"So, where are we going." I ask him. I was confused as to why we didn't just stay in bed the entire day. It was difficult to say goodbye to the bed because in there, he was talented in so many areas.

"For starters, we're going to go get some food. I'm sure you're hungry. You've used a lot of your energy today." He says, with a sneaky smirk on his face. I flush and smack his shoulder as a response to his remark.

"What's next after eating?" I ask, eager to move on from the previous topic.

"After that, we're heading to the carnival tonight," he says. Once he said this, I start to get excited. Fairs and carnivals were my favorite places.

The bright lights and greasy foods appealed me. Above all, I enjoyed the rides. I wasn't the biggest fan of heights, but I always forced myself to go on them, since I knew it would make me feel better.

"That sounds like a lot of fun. We're going on every ride!" I tell Ansel, while bouncing around in my seat.

...

We returned to Ansel's apartment after finishing our meal. The carnival began early, but we planned to arrive after dark, when the lights would be even more beautiful. We started heading over to the carnival when it was around 8.p.m. The carnival was close to his apartment complex, so it was a short ride.