Chapter 2: When the Sun Starts to Shine

Author's Note: Hello everyone! I just wanted to say thank you to everyone who read the first chapter! I'm so excited to continue this little sequel to the Snowdrop story and I wanted to say that it's Soo Ho's turn to bloom flowers for the person he loves. I want to emphasize the song that Yeong Ro writes for him as well since that's the core of how I got inspiration for this story as well as the other stories I've read! I won't be satisfied with my therapy until I give them a happy ending myself. So let's get on with it!

It truly did feel like he was dead. He couldn't move, he couldn't feel anything. It felt like Soo Ho was just phasing out in and out of consciousness and at any moment, he would just lose consciousness. Soo Ho faintly remembered footsteps after Yeong Ro was taken away from him and there was some worried calls before he was picked up and taken someplace he doesn't know. Soo Ho was riddled with how many bullets, he didn't know, but he was afraid of when he would finally lose consciousness forever. Miraculously, some time later, Soo Ho felt himself groaning and his body was in a different level of sore as he slowly opened his eyes to face with a dark gray ceiling and someone came into the room at the sound of him waking up. 

"Thank goodness you're awake," Soo Ho tilted his head and a blurry Kang Cheongya came into view with her doctor's kit in her hands. 

"Comrade Kang... it's you," Soo Ho murmured and Cheongya noticed that small tinge of disappointment in his voice, but she was glad to see at least that he was conscious. 

"I know you were hoping for someone else, but for now, I'll make sure you get back on your feet and that you won't do something as stupid as that ever again," Cheongya sat down at a chair at his bed side and sighed while shaking her head slightly. Soo Ho's eyes softened and he sighed as he just relaxed back into the bed, keeping his tired eyes on her worried figure. 

"Where are we by the way? How long have I been here?" Soo Ho asked and Cheongya looked at her watch for a moment before answering him. 

"You're at an abandoned infirmary that was built for spies like us, but ever since the hostage situation ended, they left this place to me," Cheongya answered and got out some tools and medicines from the kit to fix up Soo Ho a little further, "as for how long you've been here, it's been a couple of days since you were reported dead."

Soo Ho thought about it for a moment before realizing the time frame that she could have saved him. She must have saved him within moments after they left him there on the fourth floor, how in the world did she get there in time? "Wait... how did you get back into the dorm? And how did you... get past all those ANSP soldiers?" Soo Ho tried to steady his breathing because talking was starting to become difficult. Cheongya started to hook up the medicines to the IV cord and turned on the ventilator that she had prepared for him. 

"They took Yeong Ro out the main entrance and I came up after they left... so I came after that Gang Mu fellow managed to leave with the others," Cheongya made sure the IV cord was working before picking up the ventilator mask and looked at Soo Ho was if she was expecting him to say something else. 

"Comrade Kang... thank you... and... how... how is she by the way? Yeong Ro-ya?" Soo Ho smiled gratefully and Cheongya sighed for a moment looking at Soo Ho with sad eyes. 

"I haven't been able to get much intel on her wellbeing or anyone else's since I've been busy trying to remove the bullets that were embedded in your vest as well as the other bullets that managed to pierce you. You're lucky to even be alive. But I do imagine that she must be devastated and broken after losing you," Cheongya explained to Soo Ho and he kinda wished that she broke the news to him a little softer since he couldn't stand seeing Yeong Ro suffer because of him. 

"I... I see.." Soo Ho let out a shaky breath and he felt tears prick at his eyes when he thought about his and Yeong Ro's promise to meet again as long as they were alive. How devastated she must have been after realizing that he wouldn't be able to keep that promise made Soo Ho want to run to her and hug her and beg for her forgiveness. Alas, now wasn't the time, not yet at least, "Did you... manage to save Gyeok Chan's and Eung Cheol's families as well as my sister?"