Chapter 4: When The Flower Braves a Harsher Storm

Author's Note: Hello everyone! A bit of a long one this time, and I hope you enjoy the extra length. This gets a little intense near the end. I wrote that last scene while listening to Hopeless from the Snowdrop soundtrack,  I really hope I captured the... angst I suppose lol. I believe updates will be generally around this length or a bit shorter. I hope it's not too cringy. We get a bit of Soo Ho in this chapter and Yeong Ro in this chapter goes through it. But I do have their reunion meeting planned! I'm going to do it a bit different than what I've seen in other fanfics. I haven't seen anyone do the idea I had in my head, but it will get fluffy I promise! I really do enjoy your comments guys, they make my day and I hope you enjoy this chapter!

There are some flowers that won't survive when the winter gets even colder and Yeong Ro was not an exception. The colder things got, and the harder things got, Yeong Ro considered just giving up many times. She thought at least she would be able to see Soo Ho and Yeong U again if she gave up. However, her friends wouldn't leave her alone and slowly bit by bit, the flower became strong enough to brave the storm another time. It would take about another two weeks for Yeong Ro to get settled back into the university, but to say that her reentry into the university was welcoming and well-received was a bit of an overstatement. It seemed there were some people who were still betrayed by the fact that Yeong Ro was technically a "murderer's daughter" but Ms. Pi, Bun Ok, Hye Ryeong, Jeong Min, and Seol Hui made sure to silence all of their protests. Kang Moo and Hanna made sure to visit her at least once a week while Yeong Ro recovered and she was very appreciative of their friendship and kindness. Often times, Yeong Ro thought that listening to Soo Ho's tape would become easier with time if she listened to it once every day, but it always ends up with her crying. Yeong Ro would always remember the kindness and charm in his eyes and his familiar figure, but she didn't want to forget his voice, and she was afraid that one day, she would barely be able to recall what he sounded like. It would only be his words that remained:

"Yeong Ro-ya, you must live, no matter how hard it gets... you must live ok?"

Meanwhile, Soo Ho didn't really fare that much better. He did get better after Kang Cheongya fixed him up and put him through physical therapy so that his body didn't suddenly breakdown from the aftermath of the bullet shower it went through. However, emotionally wise, Soo Ho couldn't stop thinking about Yeong Ro while he was working to meet his sister again and getting his fallen comrades' families out of North Korea. One night though before Soo Ho was supposed to leave for Germany to meet his sister and both of them were packing up to do so, Kang Cheongya came into the room with a very familiar item in her hands.

Soo Ho looked at the green pile of fluff in her hands that was covered in blood and he immediately knew what it was, "Comrade Kang... isn't that...?"

"I found it next to you when I found you, this was the scarf that the Yeong Ro girl wore right? It was her brother's?" Cheongya walked over to Soo Ho and placed it in his lap. Soo Ho bit his lip and picked up the scarf gingerly as if it was the most delicate thing in the world and gazed at it with a yearning that he knows will never fade.

"Yeah... it was her brother's..." Soo Ho murmured and he held it against his body , grasping the scarf softly, "Thank you..." Cheongya nodded and left him alone again in the room as Soo Ho looked at the scarf fondly and he decided to go over to the sink in order to wash off the blood that was on it. Soo Ho looked over at his bedside table in the other room and eyed the tape he had set on top if it. That tape contained a duplication of Yeong Ro's confession that he had kept for himself, and he would listen to it every day, smiling like a lovesick doofus all the while. There were times where he smiled and cried listening to it because Soo Ho wondered if Yeong Ro was treating his tape the same way. It gave him hope that Soo Ho would somehow keep his promise one day.

Cheongya popped her head back into the room and gestured with her bag, "It's time to go, so get your things," Soo Ho nodded at her and she gave him a quick smile before leaving the room again. Soo Ho finished drying off the scarf and went back into his room to slip the tape into his jacket and grab his bag before heading off.