ONE

Okay, I'm Lee I love to write, I personally don't think I am very good at it but other people seem to like it so here I am writing another book. I hope you like it!

Just smile big, look pretty, and wave. That was all I was ever expected to do: Smile, look pretty, and wave. I wanted to do something more with my life, but having your dad be CEO of the biggest, most successful company on the planet, that was hard to do.

I always loved acting, singing, photography, really anything to do with the arts, but because of my dad's position, I wasn't allowed to do any of that. I wasn't allowed to do anything really. I wasn't allowed to go out without supervision, I wasn't allowed to pick out my own clothes, I wasn't allowed to date anyone who was below middle class, even middle class was not very appreciated.

To my dad life was all about success, money, and popularity. To him, nothing else mattered, not happiness, not joy, not love. To him your opinion didn't matter, the only opinion that mattered was everybody else's.

I wished every day that I could have a normal life, that I could be happy, that I could be loved. I knew that there were thousands of men who would want to date me but they were all doing it for popularity. If I was going to date someone, to marry someone it would be for love, not popularity.

My life has been planned out since the day I was conceived. Basically, be the perfect daughter, and mary the rich stuck-up snob that was Michale Arison. I would rather die than marry that man.

My mom died when I was ten, since then I had no one who saw things like I did. My mother never liked this lifestyle. My parents marriage was shaky at best, at first my dad loved my mother but then his company expanded and became successful, and then the marriage sort of fell apart.

I was now packing to go to boarding school because my dad needed me to act like a 'proper lady'. Apparently ripping me away from my home and sending me to New York for boarding school was the way to do that.

It was times like this that I really wished my mom was here. She would stop dad from sending me away, but of course, that couldn't happen because my mother died in a plane crash. An old friend of my dad was mad at him because of something that he had done in high school so he hired someone to make the plane that my mom was in go into a controlled crash effectively killing my mother to get back at my dad.

I would be taking a train to New York instead of a plane because of that. I highly doubted that I would ever get on a plane again. After I was all packed I went and told my dad that I was ready to go and he called one of his many assistants to escort me to the limo where I would then be driven by one of my dad's drivers to the train station.

I would go to boarding school for four years and only return if  I was a 'proper lady' and if I wasn't I would stay there until I was, or until I was eighteen and a legal adult, whichever one came first.

As soon as we pulled up to the train station I jumped out of the limo with my suitcase and ran into the crowd. I didn't want to be at this train station, but I didn't want to be in that car more.

I knew that when I boarded the train I would be letting go of my friends, my hopes, my dreams, and my life.

My name is Amelia Ford, I'm seventeen and I hate my life.