Fifteen: Just for a moment

Alexia Kirby

Alexia Kirby

"Between seas, galaxies, and moons, I was lucky I stepped on the same land, I dreamed under the same stars as you." - Nighty Drunk Lovers

I think I'm going crazy again.

Last night I dreamed about two things: the way Grayson looked at me and Griffin. The way Grayson looked at me is burned into my memory, like a tattoo. It won't go away and I can't stop thinking about it.  The way he looked at me, makes me think he is capable of love like he wants to love. It makes me wish he would love me but then again I should never think that.

Then there's Griffin. He's gone, so why did I see him? All these years of therapy will not go to waste now only to have everyone say I'm crazy and I have to go back on anti-psychotics. But I need to make sure I'm not crazy, again. I don't want that label, I hate that label. People always think that due to my mental illness though.

I get out of bed and wash my face and brush my teeth before heading downstairs to the kitchen. I try to let the thoughts stay thoughts as I do so.  I find my mom just where I thought she would be, making breakfast. I also find Lia and Astrid perfectly intact at the table. Now I don't remember much after throwing up. My memory kind of blacked out from there but I do remember Emerson bringing me home and Lia helping me change.

I glance between the two before I sit down at the table as mom brings over our food. " Good morning Lex, how did you sleep?" Mom asks. "Fine." I croak out. I sound more worried and anxious than I planned on sounding. I begin to spin the anxiety ring Grayson gave me, the cool metal running over the pad of my finger feels nice.

To know it's his feels nice. So nice I want to throw up.

I look down at the bacon and avocado toast in front of me. " You look like you need this." Mom says sitting a gold Monster can in front of me. " Thanks, mom." I smile at her. She kisses my head in return. " I'll be getting ready girls and then we'll head to set. Last day of filming yay!" Mom says, pumping her hand up to the ceiling. She's excited to be going home.