Eighteen: The second big bang

Alexia Kirby

Alexia Kirby

"We were a strange love, her and I, too wild to last, too rare to break." - Atticus

We left Gray's car ten minutes ago and I'm tired. I know it's ironic considering I'm a center flyer. I stunt and tumble for hours straight. Maybe even days, but this is hiking. The scenery is nice, kind of takes the edge off. I've turned my phone back on and took a few pictures but I sincerely want to stop and just lay on the ground.

After I woke up this morning Gray made me eat some chips we had in the car and we chewed gum. I ended up tying my hair up, spraying some perfume and putting on deodorant so I didn't smell bad. Gray did some similar things with a hygiene bag he kept in his car. After that, we started walking and I feel like I'd been walking for fucking ever.

"If you sigh one more time back there I will tape your mouth closed." Gray grits annoyed with me.

That gives me pleasure.

I'd like to see you try." I mumble. "Don't tempt me." Gray replies and I roll my eyes. We continue on for a while before I end up sighing again. "Oh my god, can you shut you for like two minutes?" Gray almost yells, stopping and turning around. "Suck it up popstar, you can deal with it." I reply.

"Have you ever thought maybe to not get on someone's nerves?" Gray asks annoyed. I turn around to see him, totally blotched in red from the sun. "Bite me." I state, smiling. "Don't tempt me, I might like it." He replies and walks past me. Making sure to bump into my shoulder.

Brat.

Right now getting on his nerves is the only entertainment I have. I think for one moment looking around and then I have the perfect idea. "Race you!" I say and begin running.

The bookbag ends up slowing me down a little but I push faster. If I can run with ankle weights I can run with this bookbag. I run so far until I see a lake and some picnic tables around and I stop.

Gray isn't far behind me and he stops about five seconds after I do. " I win!" I announce. " You cheated." Gray states.

"Maybe."