Thiry-Six: I HATED PROM

Alexia Kirby

Alexia Kirby

"I want to sleep in your stupid t-shirts and hold your stupid hand." ~Unknown

I'm definitely going to prom alone.

Not that I care about the dance itself, I'm just going because I didn't go to my junior prom because I couldn't handle being out around people. This year I wanna go and try and have a good time. I normally don't go to school dances but I'm actually excited to go and the one time I am excited I have no date. Not that you have to have a date for a dance but it sucks not having a date when you have a boyfriend.

"Okay so dress shopping, what colors are we going for?" Mom asks as she moves around the kitchen. "I want pink maybe." Aaliyah replies as she scrolls through her phone. "I'm thinking blue." Faith follows. "I'm just picking a dress I love." Astrid answers before sipping her drink. "And you Lexi?" Mom asks, considering I didn't answer on my own. "Maybe purple." I shrug, staring at the cabinets.

I don't really care what color dress I wear but I guess if I have to go I can pick a good color and purple is my favorite. "Lexi, I thought you were excited?" Faith asks, putting her arms around me. "I am excited." I say, I know my tone contradicts what I just said. "That tone says otherwise." Astrid says and can feel the roll in her eyes. "I'm excited. Just. I don't know." I sigh. "Is it because Grayson isn't here?" Aaliyah asks. I roll my eyes without answering. "It's okay to miss your boyfriend." Faith hugs me. "Get off, I'm fine." I shrug her away. I don't the feelings or the sorry's. I'm fine.  "Do you still want to go dress shopping after breakfast?" Mom asks me. "Yeah, I'm still going." I tell her.

Mom insisted we have breakfast and then go out. So we all are sitting at the island and Mom has plates of pancakes and bacon in front of us along with fruit. "Okay then eat up girls and then we will go looking." Mom says. Today Faith's mom has work so she's going shopping with us.

Thankfully I'm able to eat in peace and no one asks me any questions and of course, I'm eating with orange juice because it's the best.

After breakfast, we all pile into the car and go around. Mom has picked three dress shops for the day and then we're supposed to be going out for pizza and I haven't found anything I like at the first two stores.