Forty: It's All About Her

Alexia Kirby

Alexia Kirby

"Into you. I melt. All of me." - Perry Poetry

With a toss of a graduation cap, I have officially graduated. After we are free to go I am tackled by Faith. "We did it!" She screams and kisses my cheek. "That we did." I sigh. " I need to go get my paper that said I did this." I slip my hand in Faith's and we happily make our way to the gym inside to get in line and get our diplomas, I don't know why we don't get these before because we technically finished like a week ago but whatever.

We both get in the name lines that we needed and get our diplomas. Finally, all that hard work paid off. Opening the black folder that has my school name engraved with gold foil on the top I see my diploma with a thespian seal and my Valdictorian seal. I'm very proud of this.

"Ready?" Faith walks up to me and I nod my head. We lock hands and head outside to meet our families. Of course, we have to take pictures before going home, where our graduation party is. We convinced our parents to have it together and it's honestly exciting. Of course, it's our school themed with a slide show of us and photos of us all around and an outside dinner.

I didn't drive to graduation so I got to sit in the backseat and watch as we drive out of the school campus which honestly made me sad because I will never go to school here again and it's sad.

Lia is ranting on and on about whatever is happening with Astrid tonight. After my party, she is going to her house and honestly, I'm thankful to be rid of them. I love her but she's been crowding me for weeks and I wanna be alone which is hard when a graduation party is happening at my house but whatever I guess.

"Everyone should be here in under an hour." Mom tells us as we arrive at the house. "So I'm hearing I have an hour alone." I say, opening my car door. "Something like that." Mom says. I swear if I'm dragged to do something before my hour is up I may hurt something.

Walking inside some of our family is here, they watched the graduation here at the house. "You did great." Dad's voice catches me by surprise. "So good you couldn't show up." I say and continue to my room. "It wasn't like that," I honestly don't care what it was like. You couldn't show up to my graduation when I sent you a ticket but you could come to my house and watch like everything was okay.