Thirty-Eight: What Happens in LA

Alexia Kirby

Alexia Kirby

"Sun filled eyes, that burn brightly at night, under the covers, surrounded by your light, carry me into your home, and sing to me softly. Carelessly, Carelessly, confess your love to me." - Cirrus

You would think dating a super hot rockstar would be something to celebrate, especially when he is the lead singer of your favorite band. Well, I wish that was the case.

Ever since he said he loved me on Spotlight Weekly I've gotten a lot of new people to follow me but for the wrong reasons. They all hate me. Like literally hate me. I feel like the girl that's dating every young and teen girl's pop crush. The confession is on every magazine, celebrity news Instagram, Twitter, and more. At least now my upcoming EP is trending.

Unfortunately with my newfound fame, I guess everyone won't leave me alone. I think I liked it better when I had "the spotlight effect" or at least that's what Lia and Astrid called it. I still think it was stupid. Famous by association but I guess that doesn't have a good ring to it.

"I'm so happy you're letting me go to LA with you!" Faith beams with excitement. "You girls have to promise to be responsible," Mom says, walking behind us through the airport. "Mom, it's not like we will come back pregnant." I say. "I'm just nervous, you've never traveled alone." Mom sighs. "We will be fine and we're going to call it's only four days." I reassure her. I know my mom cares and it's really sweet but we're going to be fine or at least I hope so.

We go through getting our bags checked and security which doesn't take long considering it's like 6 pm on a Thursday. We arrive at our gate early and Mom lets us go off and get some snacks for the plane ride even though we are riding first class Faith wants to go get snacks. I don't mind though.

I picked out some regular Lays chips, a Monster, and a BLT sandwich. Faith picked out a wrap, an orange Fanta, and squeeze applesauce.

Waiting for the flight didn't take long, After about thirty minutes we were saying bye to my mom, calling Faith's mom and telling her we were leaving and loading onto the plane. I made sure to text Gray and tell him I was loading the plane and Emerson because she's picking me up from the airport in LA because I'm heading straight to a photo shoot for my EP. I'm very excited about the photoshoot but also super nervous with all of the attention I'm receiving lately I don't know how to feel and I kind of want to throw up.