Watching Over You [Bruno x reader]

Prompt: Bruno lives in the walls now, but he makes sure to always be watching over you

Warning: attempted assault

:::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::

You sighed as you washed your dish, the overwhelming feeling of Bruno not sitting at the table hit you hard.

You miss him so much, it's been four years, and no one can find him at all. Not a single trace of him. He just, vanished.

You paused washing the dishes, as you stared at your emerald green ring, Bruno placed it on your finger on your wedding day. You smile softly, remembering how nervous Bruno was, and he dropped the ring. It didn't break thankfully, and he finished placing it on your finger.

"Tia, are you okay?" A young voice asked and you looked down, seeing Dolores. "Oh, Dolores. I'm fine. Thank you for asking." You smiled and Dolores hummed softly. "Just making sure.. I can finish the dishes if you want." Dolores suggested. "You will? That would be great, thank you." You moved away from the sink as Dolores took over.

"You should go to bed Y/n, the party is starting to get a little wild." Dolores pointed out. "Good idea, good night Dolores." You waved and Dolores nodded.

You walked through the crowd of people, and you headed upstairs to the nursery. There was a party because it was a new year. You didn't want to celebrate though, because it was a another new year without Bruno.

You walked into the nursery and shut the door, sighing softly. You used to stay in Bruno's room, but ever since he left it was too hard to stay in there.

Bruno sighed softly, he watched you walk into the nursery. You looked so sad, through the walls he hasn't seen you smile once. He wants so badly to comfort you, and to tell you he is alright, but Bruno needs to do this for Mirabel.

You looked to the bed to see Mirabel wasn't in there, she must be playing outside with her friends. You start taking off your outfit, only leaving your underwear on.

Bruno blushed as he looked away, even though you guys are married, he still can't look at you without clothes on.

You hummed softly to yourself, you were about to take off your underwear, but the door slammed open.

You grabbed your shirt and turned around to see who this was. There was a tall, bearded man that was really built, he could be a bodybuilder. You covered yourself up with the shirt.

"Sir, the bathroom is down the hall on the left.." you pointed towards the door, but the man closed it, locking it. You gulped as you backed away towards your bed. "Sir, get out now." You quivered.

"Oh? And what are you going to do? Call for your dead husband?" The man laughed as you stiffened.

Bruno nervously bit his fingernail as he watched everything go down. He has to do something.

The man slowly moved closer to you. "Look, your husband isn't here, you're alone. Why don't we just have some fun?" The man suggested. "First off, Bruno isn't dead. Second of all, even if he was I wouldn't want to do anything with you." You said, and the man started to look angry.

"Well, you don't really have a choice right now- ow!" The man winced as he started to kick at something. You look to see a rat bit his ankle, and more rats started coming out of the walls, surrounding the man. The rats started going up his pants and biting everywhere. The man was screaming as he stumbled backwards towards the door, he ran out with rats flying off his body.

You stood there for a second, breathing heavily, you couldn't believe that just happened. You ran to the door and closed it, locking it.

There were still rats in the room, and some rats crawled under the door frame. They ran into a tiny crack in the corner, disappearing into it.

You slowly approached the crack and stared inside, seeing some sand spilling out. You hadn't noticed it before, how come you are just noticing it now?

You fell out of your thoughts when you heard a soft knock at the door.

"Y/n? Are you alright? We just kicked the guy out, I heard everything." You heard Dolores say.

"Yeah I'm fine. Give me a second."

You take off your underwear and slid on your pajamas. You opened the door and saw Dolores. "Thank you for kicking him out." You sigh happily. "Of course, papa was about to come up but the guy came out screaming, rats all over him." Dolores explained.

"Yeah, that was weird... maybe he got some cheese on him or something." You shrugged. Dolores stared at you for a second, blinking slowly, then she nodded.

"Maybe." Dolores agreed. "But just to let you know, you are always protected. You have a... guardian angel with you." Dolores said, and you gave her a confused gaze. You were going to ask what she meant by that, but Dolores beat you to it.

"Goodnight Y/n, lock the door so no one else comes in." Dolores advised as you nodded. Dolores walked away and you shut the door, locking it.

Bruno let out a breath of relief, thankfully the rats listened to him this time. Bruno smiled softly as he watched you walk towards the bed, doing your nighttime routine before tucking yourself in bed.

Maybe one day, Bruno and you could be together again.