Shot 3

3.

Two months passed by in a blur. Mithran preferred staying at the apartment he bought recently, rather than staying home with his parents.

There has been no improvement with things at home.

Both his parents remained adamant and waited for the other to come up and talk.

Mithran had decided to leave them to their own devices.

They had lived all their lives on lies and misunderstandings. They are welcome to continue that.

"Good morning Mithran" he heard Shravan greet him as soon as he stepped into floor of the building where their office is located.

"A very good morning Shravan. Looks like you are late once again. Late night huh??" Mithran teased. He absolutely loved teasing Shravan.

The stuffy silent Shravan Maheswari had always been serious and focused on his academics and career.

He had met Shravan during his college days. Mithran and Abhay did their schooling together and has been friends since forever. Shravan was the new addition to their friendship.

In the beginning he had, like everyone, thought that Shravan is a rich arrogant brat. But later, they understood that the man is simply silent.

And it was fun watching the crimson hue spreading across his neck and cheeks when anything related to his wife Drishti is mentioned.

"Shut up" Shravan hissed making Mithran laugh out loud.

"So, what plans today?" Mithran asked as he sat opposite Shravan in his cabin.

"What else? Work" Shravan said making Mithran roll his eyes.

"Boring" Mithran said

"What else are you planning to do Mithran? This is a working day" Shravan pointed out.

"I'm heading out for site inspection. From there I will be going directly to the tracks" Mithran said

Tracks is the place where he participates in racing.

He is an adrenaline junkie. He thrives on adventures and risks.

Racing is his favourite sport.

"Pierre called? You have a race today?" Shravan asked

"Yes. At four in the evening" Mithran said

"Be careful Mithran. I don't know why you are so keen on taking risks like this. Why do you have to put your life in danger always?" Shravan asked for an umpteenth time

"What will happen if the fan above your head fall off now?" Mithran asked making Shravan frown

"Why would it fall off?" Shravan asked in confusion.

"There is no guarantee that it will not fall off. It could fall off any time and take your life as easily as it could be taken during a race accident" Mithran said

"You always have an excuse" Shravan said

"It is not an excuse, Shravan. The simple truth of life. There is no real guarantee for anything." Mithran said shrugging

"I'm not going to argue anymore. I hope you will see sense soon" Shravan said

"Aye Captain" Mithran said and bid a bye before leaving for site inspection.

****

"So you know the rules?" Pierre asked loudly

Mithran sat on his favourite sports bike, with his helmet and hand glove on.

He could feel the adrenaline kicking in at the thought of the upcoming race.

They are on the outerskirts of Bangalore, in an abandoned village with ruins of once lived in houses around.

There are no clear tracks here. They were to race through the un tarred roads with blocks in the forms of ruins of old buildings and trees.

And that just adds to the thrill.

He is very thankful that there are no much people around. Yes, he loves adventures and thrills, but he prefers to not hurt innocent bystanders.

"Mithran, Mithran, Mithran" he heard the cheers for him and waved a hand towards the people supporting him.

Today, he was betting against a racer from Delhi.

"Okay boys! Focus." Pierre announced through the bike and Mithran kick started his motorcycle.

"Three, two, one, Go" Pierre screamed through the microphone and Mithran accelerated the motorcycle moving forward.

The adrenaline flowed through his vein, pumping more blood into his brain making him move forward with more speed.

****

Mithran stopped the motorcycle with a screech at the finishing point just one second before the racer from Delhi.

"Mithran" he heard the loud scream and saw Tanya Reddy, the daughter of one of their investors cheering for him.

He groaned inwardly seeing the girl.

She is pure evil and claims to be in love with him.

Well, she is in love with the bad boy image of him. Well, girls has a tendency to be attracted to badboys.

Not that he is complaining. He loved it when he got the attention from girls. He had been a hit among girls during his college days, because he has been a sports star.

But he could do without Tanya Reddy's attentions. She is annoying as hell.

"And the winner again is none other than your favourite, Mithran Yadav" Pierre announced and the people cheered more.

Pierre handed over the bet money he won by the race.

He began the street racing during his college days to earn pocket money. His father was a normal government employee with a moderate salary, just enough to educate him and look after the family.

Anymore money, he had to earn it himself.

That's when he had met Pierre, the racing agent, who had introduced him into the world of street racing.

The small amount of money he makes out of betting gives him more satisfaction than the millions he now make from his business.

His phone rang, bringing him out his thoughts.

He hesitated before attending the call because it was his mother.

Nowadays, she calls only to complain about his father. He is tired of listening to it.

He thought of ignoring the call, but then decided to attend it anyway.

"Mithran" he heard his mother cry from the other side.

"What is it Amma?" He asked waiting for her to launch into her next set of complaints

"Come to City Hospital. Your father is hospitalised. I don't understand what they are saying. Come soon please"

All blood drained from his face hearing the news