Part 28

"No worries. Myself Rishikesh Verma. This is my wife Ahana Verma" The blue eyed man said with a smile.

"Nice meeting you" Mithran said politely and then saw Rishikesh suddenly becoming shocked looking at something behind him.

Mithran turned to look at what had warranted that look on Rishikesh's face and saw a very pale staring back at Rishikesh in equal shock.

Do they know each other? Mithran wondered in confusion.

"Chaahat" The name came out as a shocked whisper from Rishikesh's mouth.

"You know my wife?" The question came out of his mouth without even his permission.

Wife? How easily has he referred to Chaahat as his wife. Weren't they supposed to keep their relationship a secret? Wasn't he the one who decided that? Then why the hell had he introduced her as his wife?

"Wife?" Rishikesh asked and Mithran couldn't understand the emotion he heard and saw in Rishikesh's voice and eyes.

Was that just a shock? Or did he hear anger and pain too?

Why did it feel so?

Rishikesh.. Rishi..

Oh god! Could it be the Rishi Chaahat calls out for, in her dreams? Mithran though, a flash of pain suddenly passing through his being.

"Rish.." Chaahat began to speak but Rishikesh didn't let her. He raised his hand, asking her not to utter a word.

"You got married?" Rishikesh asked, his eyes spitting fire at Chaahat. It was more an accusation rather than a question.

"It's not what you think like.." Chaahat began to speak and now it was Mithran's turn to be shocked.

He couldn't believe that Chaahat is trying to give some sort of explanation to her actions. She never did when he asked.

"Haa! I can see that" Rishikesh said with a scoff, looking pointedly at the nuptial chain around her neck and the pinch of vermillion on her hairline.

They had visited the older Yadav couple before leaving to Delhi and his mother had frowned seeing Chaahat wearing neither the nuptial chain nor the vermillion. And Amrutha Yadav, being very traditional and orthodox at heart, had requested Chaahat to always wear them both.

"Mr Verma, I don't know what your problem is with my wife. But I cannot stand by and watch someone taking this tone with her" Mithran interfered before Rishikesh could talk more. Rishikesh shot an annoyed look at him, but Mithran didn't back down either. He stood like a shield between Rishikesh's accusatory gaze and Chaahat.

"This is not any of your concern, Mr Yadav" Rishikesh said angrily.

"It is when my wife is involved," Mithran said.

"So? You got another man to fight for you, huh?" Rishikesh asked Chaahat with a scoff.

"Mind your words, Mr Verma. Else it would be my fists talking next" Mithran said in a dangerously cold voice.

"Rishu, let's go. Please come" Ahana, Rishikesh's wife said, scared seeing the wild look in Mithran's eyes, and pulled him away from them.

Mithran stared angrily at him. He himself got married and has the nerve to accuse Chaahat of marrying. Bloody hypocrite!

Mithran turned around to look at Chaahat and saw that she was staring blankly. She looked far, far away from there. Only her body was there. Her mind was elsewhere.

"Chaahat" He called, but there was no response.

He tried calling her a couple more times, but she was still staring into space.

Having had enough, Mithran shook her hard, bringing her back to the present.

"Chaahat?" Mithran called, but she hurried away from him, making him want to scream out his frustration.

****

It was evening and the reception party starts in an hour. Mithran got ready in a black semi formal shirt and chinos pants.

He always prefers dressing casually. Even to the office. Shravan always frowns upon seeing his ripped jeans and leather jackets. But he is comfortable that way. He cannot even imagine spending an hour in formal suits like Shravan does. But his friends had told him specifically not to come in his rider get up. So this semi formal attire.

He looked at the dressing room door and waited impatiently for Chaahat to come out. The whole day, she had shut him out. She behaved as if another person doesn't exist in this bedroom.

"Chaahat, we are getting late" Mithran called out loudly and in a few seconds the dressing room door opened.

All the breath left his lungs when he saw the sight in front of him.

She was standing in front of him in a black net lace saree, paired with a boat necked blouse. The colour simply enhancing her complexion.

Mithran found it hard to take his eyes off her. He felt as if he could live his entire life just looking at her.

"Shall we leave?" Chaahat asked in a neutral tone and it brought Mithran back to his senses.

The whole ride was tense. Mithran couldn't help stealing glances at the gorgeous woman sitting next to him.

When they entered the reception hall, he saw that a projector was erected and some pictures were being projected.

He noticed his friend, the groom, in the pictures and realised the pictures were of their college days. The bride was the groom's junior at college. Both the bride and groom's friends were cheering when each picture appeared.

But the next picture which came on the screen made them all go silent.

Mithran stared at the picture in shock.

It was Rishikesh in the picture. Sitting on the motorcycle with a wide smile on his face. But what was more shocking was the girl sitting behind Rishikesh.

Chaahat.

It was not the presence of Chaahat that shocked Mithran. It was the beaming smile on her face.

A smile he had never seen before.

"Rishi..."

Mithran turned around and saw Chaahat staring at the screen, with tears running down her cheeks. He realised she was shaking. People started noticing Chaahat and he saw many people staring at her in surprise.

With a cry, Chaahat fell to her knees, her cries striking Mithran's heart like pointed arrows.

Staring at a heartbroken Chaahat, Mithran for the first time in his life fell irrevocably in love.

A/n

Here goes the next part.

Sorry for the delay guys.. Please leave comments and votes..

Love ❤