Part 25

"Okay, Drishti. I get it. Yes yes, I am coming now" Shravan rolled his eyes as he spoke to his wife through the phone.

Isha chuckled, making Mithran look at her.

"What?" Mithran asked, raising an eyebrow in the query.

"He is such a joru ka ghulam. A year ago, if someone told me Shravan would go home just to have an evening coffee and snacks, leaving his precious laptop and work, I would have laughed at their face and called them delusional" Isha said as they watched Shravan shrugging his jacket on.

"Guess, you two will have to go for coffee without me," Shravan said with a helpless shrug.

"Ah don't worry about us. We will manage. Don't keep Drishti waiting" Mithran said teasingly and was yet again fascinated seeing the flustered look on Shravan.

A mention of Drishti and he goes all love sick, Mithran thought with wonder.

How does it feel to be so in love with their wife?

He hadn't looked for love. He had wanted friendship. And he wanted a marriage based on friendship and understanding with Isha.

And he doesn't know what he wants anymore.

Yes, he does want friendship. But at times, it feels like he wants more than that. And it is not Isha he wants all of it with.

How messed up is it? How messed up is he?

"Shall we also leave, Mithran?" Isha asked, snapping her fingers in front of a lost Mithran.

Mithran looked at Isha and felt nothing.

Had he ever felt anything for her?

He did. He had an on and off crush on her since their college days. But then he have had a couple of girlfriends too during that time.

But what he feels now when he is around Chaahat, he hadn't felt that before. The attraction he feels now is too intense. Too passionate.

"Mithran?" Isha called again, seeing that Mithran had zoned out again.

"Yeah"

"Don't tell me you are daydreaming about your wife? I can't have two love sick bosses in the office" Isha said teasingly, with a mock shudder.

"Let's go to the cafe," Mithran said and walked out.

****

"It's been so long since we took a break like this during office hours" Isha said and she took the last sip of her coffee.

"Yeah. Mostly, I would be out on site inspection during this time" Mithran said with a shrug.

"How's your racing and all going" Isha asked, knowing how much Mithran enjoys his racing hobby.

"Haven't been to one since Appa's surgery," Mithran said, missing it very much.

"You mean haven't been to one since your wedding?" Isha teased and Mithran rolled his eyes.

"Oh! Isn't that VK" Isha asked, breathlessly.

Mithran saw the dazed look on Isha's face as she looked at VK and frowned in confusion. Why is Isha looking so flustered?

"He is on a date?" Isha asked, appalled, noticing the woman opposite VK, whose back was facing them.

Mithran turned to look at them and he stiffened, recognising the woman at a single look.

Chaahat?

"Chaahat? What are you doing here? With Vedant Khoda?" He asked, as he went near their table in a hurry.

"Mithran?" Chaahat got startled when she heard Mithran's voice there.

"How do you know Vedant Khoda?" Mithran asked with a frown.

He personally doesn't know Vedant Khoda. Shravan had some kind of rivalry with VK during their Harvard days.

An enemy of friends automatically becomes your enemy and thus he isn't very fond of VK either.

"I had a meeting with VK," Chaahat said coolly.

VK raised an eyebrow at it. He had suspected Chaahat when he received the resignation letter. But it seemed Mithran have no idea regarding Chaahat working for him.

He didn't dig deeply when he was informed regarding their secret wedding. And he doesn't intend to either.

"Meeting? What meeting?" Mithran asked with a frown.

"Shall we talk about this later?" Chaahat asked and Mithran nodded, not wanting to create a public scene.

"I will wait for you outside. I will take you home after your meeting is over" Mithran said, stressing the word meeting.

"Really, that's not necessary. You can get back to work" Chaahat said

"I said I will wait outside" Mithran said adamantly and walked out briskly.

How does she even know VK? Why is she out at a cafe with him? And why was she so vague about her responses, Mithran thought in annoyance.

"Hey Vedant" Isha said, smiling at VK.

VK shot a cold look at her.

"It's VK, Miss Arora" VK said and her smile dimmed. He then turned to Chaahat.

"You cannot break the contract. If you do, you gotta pay the penalty. See you at the next meeting" VK said, dropping a couple of notes on the table and walking out.

Chaahat looked up at the woman who had been with Mithran.

Who is she? What were they doing here during office hours?

"Hey, Chaahat right?" The other woman asked.

"Yes. And you are?" Chaahat asked

"Isha. Isha Arora. I work for Shravan and Mithran. We have been together at university too. I didn't get a chance to meet you before" Isha said with a smile and Chaahat nodded, the name Isha strikingly familiar.

Where had she heard that name before? She had recently heard that name somewhere, but she couldn't recall where.

"Mithran must be waiting for you" Isha reminded her and Chaahat stood up from her chair and walked towards the cafe door.

As she walked towards the door, she bumped into someone.

"Watch where you are going" came the arrogant voice and the person bent down to take the mobile phone which slipped from his hands when she bumped into her.

Chaahat froze for a moment and then all blood drained from her face, leaving her as pale as a ghost.

"Chaahat?"

A/n

Happy New Year Everyone...

Please do vote and comment.

Love ❤️