Part 35

Mithran's words kept ringing in her head.

She didn't know what he meant by that.

'Just be assured that I am willing to wait until you are ready. No matter how long..'

Ready for what? Chaahat shook her head, trying to dispel all her thoughts.

"Chaahat? Would you come with me somewhere?" Mithran asked and Chaahat frowned.

"Where?" Chaahat asked.

"Get ready. You will know when you reach there.." Mithran said with a soft smile and went back to scrolling through his phone.

Chaahat took a quick shower and changed into another saree. Mithran watched as she stood in front of the vanity mirror with a faraway look on her face.

She was wiping her hair. Though she was staring at her reflection in the mirror, her mind was somewhere else, Mithran could see.

Mithran got up from the bed and walked towards her. He stood behind her and Chaahat shivered in shock when she felt his hot breaths on her back. Her eyes widened in horror when she saw him just behind him through the mirror.

"What?" Chaahat asked, not able to move from her position. If she moves, their bodies will touch and she didn't want that.

Mithran swiftly pulled the towel with which she was wiping her hair, and walked towards the washroom, with a soft tune playing on his tongue.

Chaahat stared at Mithran in disbelief.

'What is wrong with this man?'

****

The car stopped in front of a beautiful mansion and Chaahat teared up seeing the place.

Rishi's home..

Chaahat turned and looked at Mithran and he simply shot a soft smile at her.

"Come..." Mithran called softly.

"No.. No... I can't.." Chaahat shook her head, not wishing to go inside.

Nobody in this house liked her, she thought painfully.

They had all grudgingly accepted her as Rishi's fiance, only because of Rishi's stubbornness.

"Come Chaahat." Mithran called again.

"I can't, Mithran. Please take me away from here. I can't face them.." Chaahat said.

"You are coming with me, Chaahat. Do it for Rishi. He would want that.." Mithran said, knowing very well that nothing else could persuade her to do something other than Rishi's name.

Chaahat took deep breaths and got out of the car.

Mithran stood by her and held her hand, much to her surprise. And for some reason, it made her feel more confident.

With her hand held firmly in Mithran's, Chaahat walked into the Verma Mansion. The place where she would have lived, if fate didn't taken Rishi away from her.

Mithran pressed the doorbell and waited for a few minutes, until it was opened by Rishikesh Verma.

Looking at his face, Chaahat felt her eyes tearing up once again.

The same face as her Rishi's.

"Mithran, Chaahat. Come in.." Rishu said with a soft smile and Chaahat was shocked.

Never had he ever looked at her with a smile before. They had all looked at her with hatred and disgust. The only thing that made her stick on was Rishi's unconditional love. It was enough for her to ignore all other things.

Chaahat moved on autopilot. She was simply moving in the direction Mithran was pulling her.

"Chaahat.."

She turned around to see a middle aged woman walking towards her.

The woman cupped her face and her eyes ran all around Chaahat's face. And the woman had a sheen of tears in her eyes.

Chaahat was caught off guard.

She still remembers the poison this woman spat at her the last time they met.

The day after Rishi's funeral.

'You are the evil eye that fell on my son. How dare you come here again. Aren't you satisfied after killing him.'

Chaahat flinched as those words echoed in her head.

Arundhathi Verma could see the pain in her eyes. Why didn't she ever see the love in her eyes?

She didn't try to. She was so angry at Rishi for choosing a lower middle class orphan as his partner. She was so conscious about their social status and society that she couldn't see her own son's happiness.

And yesterday, at the engagement venue, she saw for real how much Rishi meant to Chaahat. She was a witness to the way Chaahat broke down seeing Rishi's photographs.

And Ahana had filled poison in them saying the Chaahat is simply after Rishi's money. Which was proved wrong when Chaahat returned all the properties bequeathed to her through Rishi's will.

When that incident happened, they should have looked for her. But the guilt was too much. And after two long years, they saw her again yesterday.

Chaahat pulled away from Arundhathi. She felt suffocated there. Her eyes searched for Mithran's presence. She needed him at that moment. As if he sensed her heart calling out to him, he slipped his fingers in between hers and held her firmly.

"I am sorry, Chaahat. Sorry for never trying to see the love you had for my son. If only I had tried to see that, we wouldn't have lost him." Arundhati cried, folding her hands in front of Chaahat, much to her shock.

Rajendra Verma wrapped his arms around his wife for support.

"That night, Arundhathi and Rishi got into a fight in your name. He walked out of here angrily." Raj said and Chaahat bit her lips to stop a sob from breaking out.

Rishi was very upset when he called her that night. He sounded so lost when he called her out for a drive that night. He didn't say what happened, no matter how many times she asked. But then he never told her any of the problems he faced at his house for choosing her.

She came to know how much hated she was, only when Rajendra Verma placed the prenuptial agreement in front of her.

The humiliation she felt that day had led her to bursting out at Rishi, thinking that he too was involved in that act.

Rishi had created a ruckus at his home because of that, which only managed to increase their hatred for her.

"Forgive me, Chaahat. In the next life, I pray to god that he will give you as my Rishi's wife. I will make up for all that I did to you in this life." Arundhathi said and hugged Chaahat and both of them couldn't hold their tears.

Mithran stared at the photograph mounted on the wall. He felt that those blue green eyes were sparkling more at that moment..

A/n

Here goes the next shot..

I will give bits and pieces of Chaahat and Rishi's life in the chapters ahead.. Just to show the relationship they shared. Nothing elaborate. I prefer to focus on Mithran.. lol

Please do vote and comment..

Love ❤️