Shot 6

He saw his father stirring awake from his medicine induced sleep and Mithran wondered whether his father would have a change of mind about the marriage.

He was wrong.

His father still wants him to get married to this mysterious Chaahat.

Why is his father being so unreasonable?

"I need you to start making preparations for the wedding, Mithran. Call the pandit. I have had your horoscopes matched long back. I always had it in my mind to get you two married. But I wanted you both to get to know each other before that. But now I don't have the luxury of time anymore." Madad said sadly.

Goodness! His father matched the horoscopes already? When did he do that?

"The pandit who matched the horoscopes back then told me that you two are a perfect match. Made for each other. That's what he said" Madan said fondly

"We can't simply decide it, can we Appa? We need to ask Chaahat. She will have to agree to marry me" Mithran pointed out the obvious.

"She will do it if I ask her to," he heard his father say. There was such a conviction in his father's voice that it scared him to some level.

That's exactly what he hates. He doesn't want a woman who is willing to sacrifice anything and everything for others.

That kind of martyrdom is not what he wants in his woman.

"What if she doesn't?" Mithran asked

"She will Mitharn. Please do this for me son. I need to die peacefully knowing that I have secured the life of my two children '' Madan said and Mithran sighed in exasperation.

"You are not going to die. Dr Locason is the number one neurosurgeon in the world. I booked an appointment with him and had Dr Kamat talk to him. He is ready to fly over next week for the surgery. Everything will be perfect" Mithran said

"I won't go in for the surgery without seeing your marriage. I can't take that risk" Madan said and Mithran looked at his father in horror.

"You gotta be kidding me" Mithran said

"I am serious son. You won't understand what I am going through until you become a father" Madan said

"Typical dialogue of a parent" Mithran muttered under his breath.

"Do it Mithran. Don't give him more stress. Please do it" he heard his mother beg from the other side of the room.

She had been a silent spectator the whole while.

His mother simply hovered around, feeling awkward to face his father.

Mithran rolled his eyes, knowing that his parent's marriage was a lost cause. How can a marriage survive without trust and friendship?

And his parents expect him to do the same.

How ridiculous

"Please Mithran" Amrutha Yadav begged

"Fine. I will do it, if she agrees" Mithran said, plotting ways to make Chaahat say No.

"Thank you son. You have made your father proud" Madan said emotionally

"I have to drop by the office for a few hours. I will be back in the afternoon" Mithran said and walked out after hugging his parents briefly.

****

Mithran stepped into the building where SM groups reside. Unlike other days, he was lost in thoughts.

He never missed to greet his employees ever, and for the first time since they began this business, he was oblivious to the greetings of his employees, making them all frown in confusion and worry.

He was on autopilot, doing whatever pending work he had at the office before leaving for site inspection.

He was distracted when his phone rang.

"Mithran Yadav" he said as soon as he answered the call.

"Mr Yadav. This is Babu Raj. I have been on my way to pick up Madam Chaahat. But a huge tree had fallen causing a road block. They are saying that the roads will be closed for hours." The man on the other side

"That's alright Babu. You can come back. I will inform Chaahat that you will coming to get her only tomorrow" Mithran said

"Okay Mr Yadav" the other man said and hung up the call.

Mithran sighed in relief. A day is still a day. Twenty four hours before the inevitable.

He took out his phone and messaged Chaahat regarding the change in the travel plans.

He reached Shravan's cabin and they talked business for a while.

They both turned silent after that.

****

"Really? Daydreaming? Both of you?" Mithran snapped out of his thoughts as he heard Isha's voice.

He looked at Shravan, who was also evidently lost in some other universe.

"All okay Isha?" Shravan asked

"Are you two okay? Shravan, you seem lost since morning. And Mithran has been lost for a while now" Isha said, rolling her eyes.

"It's nothing. You had lunch?" He heard Shravan ask

"I have ordered for all three of us" Isha said

"I am getting married" Mithran said shocking the hell out of the other two

"Excuse me. I think I heard wrong. What did you say?" Shravan asked

"You heard right. I am getting married" Mithran said grumpily

"To who?" Isha asked

"A family friend" Mithran said

"Okay. So, when did all this happen? When might be the wedding?" Shravan asked, with a confused frown.

"Probably in two weeks" He said, not knowing how things are going to proceed. If Chaahat indeed agrees to the marriage, he wouldn't have any other choice.

"Oh God. That soon? Is she pretty?" Isha asked

"God knows," Mithran muttered under his breath.

"What is happening Mithran?" Shravan asked with a serious look.

"I need to go home now. I will tell you guys in detail soon. Can we meet over for a drink? Call Abhay too" Mithran said

"Sure" Shravan said and Mithran walked out of the office looking at Isha one last time.

He had wanted to marry Isha.

It would have been perfect.

They would have had everything in their life.

Friendship, trust, understanding. And love would have grown eventually.

And then destiny had to bring Chaahat in.

A/n

Hello everyone!

Please read the previous chapters first. I will be giving daily updates from now on.

Please do vote and comment.

Love,
SF ❤