Shot 13

"I won't sign it," Chaahat said, staring straight into his eyes.

"What? What do you mean by that? You agreed to sign the prenup!" Mithran snapped angrily.

"I changed my mind" Chaahat said coolly, not betraying a single emotion on her face.

"You gotta be kidding me. What game are you playing? What are your intentions?" Mithran asked angrily

"You seem to have already drawn conclusions about me yourself, Mr Yadav. I will leave you to it" Chaahat said and walked away from him.

Her heart is burning!!

Prenup?

A prenup is the worst kind of insult she had felt two years ago!

The credibility of her love was questioned!

And now again, the credibility of her character was questioned!

What does Mithran Yadav think of himself?

Let him worry for the next three months! Let him worry over the possibility of her looting him of his hard earned money!

Chaahat knows she is being silly and stubborn. But the pain she had felt two years ago coupled with the slight at her integrity is forcing her to act up.

Once the three months is over, she will walk away the way she came. Without taking a single penny from the self made billionaire Mithran Yadav!

But he doesn't need to know that!

If he wants to believe that she is a gold digger with her eyes on his wealth, he can very well think it. What he thinks of her doesn't matter...

Aren't you confusing? A voice from inside her head taunted.

On one breath, she is offended at the slight to her character and on the next breath she says she doesn't care what he thinks of her.

And she sat on the hospital bench, lost in her past memories.

****

Mithran was pacing the corridor furiously. His father was undergoing a life saving surgery. He is already stressed beyond imagination. And top it all, Chaahat has started her games.

Who the hell is she?

What is her agenda?

Is she what his father says her to be?

A simple girl prefect for him, that's what his father claimed.

If so, why the hell did she refuse to sign the prenup.

"Stop pacing and relax Mithran" Shravan chided and forced him to sit on the hospital bench next to him.

"Uncle will be alright. One of the best neurosurgeons of the world is there in the Operation Theatre. Keep faith" Abhay said

"I hope so" Mithran said

*****

The surgery was a success.

Madan Yadav was transferred to the ICU and kept there for three days before shifting him to the VIP rooms a couple of days later.

Mithran had gone to the oncologist's cabin to talk about the discharge and post operative care.

"Hello, Dr Kamat" Mithran greeted the woman with a polite smile.

"Hello, Mr Yadav. Please be seated" the doctor said

"Thank you. I wanted to discuss my father. You spoke about discharge yesterday" Mithran said

"Yes. Your father is recovering well. It takes four to eight weeks to completely heal. But he is doing well now. You can take him home. It would be nice and relaxing to stay somewhere peaceful and away from the city" the doctor said

"Sure, doctor. I will make the necessary arrangements" Mithran said

"There will be mild headaches for the next four or eight weeks. If you notice any severe or unusual side effects, take him to the nearest hospital immediately. I would suggest to keep a home nurse with necessary training close by" the doctor said

They talked a few more regarding the post operative care and Mithran left the doctors cabin.

When he stepped into the hospital room, he saw Chaahat feeding his father some porridge. And his mother was folding and keeping the clothes in the bag.

"Mithran. What did the doctor say?" Amrutha Yadav asked.

"Appa is good to go home" Mithran said and proceeded to tell them what the doctor said.

"Oh! That's nice" Amrutha said with a relieved smile.

"Yes. It will be a nice change to have a vacation" Madan said

"Yes. I will check a few properties outside the city and make the bookings" Mithran said

"And it will be nice for you two to finally spend some time together. Ever since the marriage, the both of you were cooped up in the hospital. It's high time you began your life" Madan said with a smile.

Both Mithran and Chaahat stiffened at that.

Since the day of their marriage, they have kept their distance from each other, resorting to exchanging cold looks at each other.

"Your health is more important, Uncle Madan" Chaahat said

"Silly. As the doctor said, I am getting better" Madan dismissed their worries with a wave of his hand.

"No Appa. You need constant attention for the next eight weeks. That's what the doctor said" Mithran said, making his father frown.

"Well, your Amma is there to look after me. And then there will be the home nurse the hospital arranges. That should be enough" Madan said

"Appa. Don't be stubborn. We will be coming with you. I will travel to the city if needed" Mithran said

"No, Mithran. I want you to get to know each other. That would be better in your own space" Madan argued.

"This is not the time for-"

"Mithran. Don't argue with your father. It will be stressful for him. Just listen to him. He is right. And I will call you if there is any emergency" Amrutha said and Mithran's lips thinned in annoyance.

"Fine," he said through clenched teeth.

"Also, I would like to spend some time with my wife, without you two hovering around me. It's high time we cleared our misunderstandings" Madan said and that shut Mithran up for good.

Chaahat listened to the conversation with a resigned sigh. She just has to play along for the next three months. Until Uncle Madan heals completely.

Her phone pinged indicating a text message.

She unlocked it to see who it was..

VK!

Vedant Khoda has messaged her!

She opened and read it.

'I hope the work is done'

She rolled her eyes seeing the message. Always to the point. Then that's what she likes too. No beating around the bush with unnecessary pleasantries.

So she typed a simple 'yes' and pressed the send button and kept her phone away.

A/n

Oops!!

Remember Vedant Khoda?

What's his relation with Chaahat??

Please do vote and comment.

Love ❤