SHOT 45

A few days passed by, without much drama. Chaahat managed to stay in the office without coming face to face with Dhruv Khuranna.

It was a weekend and Mithran had told her that they would be going to his parent's place for dinner.

She got ready in a simple bottle green chiffon saree, paired with a maroon blouse, accentuating her fairness.

Mithran walked into the bedroom and stopped short, seeing the gorgeous woman in front of him.

Chaahat's beauty took his breath away, and he found himself momentarily speechless. The combination of the bottle green saree and maroon blouse perfectly complemented her complexion, making her look ethereal.

He cleared his throat, breaking the spell her presence had cast on him.

"Wow, Chaahat," he finally managed to say, a genuine smile spreading across his face. "You look absolutely stunning."

Chaahat blushed at his compliment, feeling a mix of happiness and nervousness.

Chaahat could feel her heart pounding in her chest. The way he was looking at her was making her feel things she didn't want to feel.

"Thank you, Mithran," she replied, her voice a touch softer than usual. "You're quite dashing yourself."

He was indeed dressed in a classic black outfit - black jeans, black t-shirt and a black leather jacket, which showcased his tall and well-built frame.

Mithran stepped closer to her, his eyes never leaving hers. He gently reached out and tucked a loose strand of hair behind her ear, his touch sending a shiver down her spine.

"We are going for dinner, but I must admit, I don't think I will be able to focus on the food with you looking like this," he admitted with a playful grin.

Chaahat laughed softly, her nerves easing as they shared a lighthearted moment.

"Well, I have heard from Shravan and Isha that you are a certified flirt. But don't try your tricks with me, Mithran." Chaahat said with a smile.

He offered his arm to her, and she looped hers through his. As they walked out of the bedroom, she couldn't help but feel a sense of contentment.

Despite the recent turmoil at work and the lingering tension with Dhruv Khuranna, and the memories of her painful past, being with Mithran felt like a breath of fresh air.

It was like she was getting addicted to having Mithran around her. And it scared the hell out of her.

Her past experiences had taught her the consequences of opening up, of letting someone get too close. But every time she looked at Mithran, her heart skipped a beat, and she couldn't deny the connection that was growing between them.

To keep her mind from straying towards Mithran, she forced herself to remember Rishi and the memories associated with him.

A sense of melancholy settled over her as memories of her past with Rishi flooded her mind. She closed her eyes, allowing herself to be transported back to a time when their love had felt like the centre of the universe.

It was a cool evening, much like the present one.

The sun had just dipped below the horizon, and the city was bathed in a tranquil twilight. Chaahat and Rishi were sitting on a grassy hill overlooking the cityscape, their fingers entwined as they leaned against each other.

"You know, I could spend my whole life like this," Rishi had whispered, his voice carrying a mixture of contentment and longing.

Chaahat had smiled, nestling her head against his shoulder. "Just lying here, watching the world go by?"

"Exactly. As long as you are here with me," he replied, his gaze fixed on the colourful sky.

They had talked about everything that night - dreams, aspirations, even their deepest fears.

The world seemed to fade away, leaving just the two of them in a cocoon of warmth and love.

The city lights had started to twinkle below, mirroring the stars above, and in that moment, Chaahat felt like she was floating on a cloud of happiness.

"Do you ever think about the future?" she had asked, her voice quiet but curious.

Rishi had turned to her, his eyes full of affection.

"Of course I do. I think about us, building a life together. Maybe a house of our own, with a garden, and we will have lazy Sunday mornings with breakfast in bed." Rishi had said with a chuckle.

Chaahat had giggled, imagining the scene he had described. "And what if we have kids?"

Rishi had chuckled, a playful glint in his eyes.

"Well, they will probably turn our perfectly organised house into a chaotic playground. But I can't wait for that chaos."

As Chaahat opened her eyes, a tear escaped and trickled down her cheek.

"He didn't get to see those chaos," Chaahat mumbled softly, her voice laced with a mix of sadness and longing.

Mithran gently held her hand, squeezing it in a silent show of understanding.

The weight of her memories, of the love and loss she carried, was palpable in the air.

When they reached Mithran's parents' place, Madan Yadav was waiting for them outside.

"Appa, what are you doing here? It is cold out here." Mithran scolded his father, but Madan simply ignored it.

"I am fit now. Stop worrying over me. What took you two so long. Do you know how long I have been waiting for you two to come? Amrutha, the kids are here." Madan said, shouting the last words, looking into the house.

The dinner was a calm affair, with Mithran and his father talking about everything under the sky. Amrutha Yadav was a reserved woman. Though she is fond of her son's wife, she is still distant. But then that is her nature.

As Chaahat was helping Amrutha in the kitchen with the dishes, they heard the doorbell chiming.

"Who is visiting us at this time of night?" Amrutha spoke to herself and Chaahat volunteered to see who it was at the door.

By the time Chaahat came out of the kitchen, Mithran had already opened the door.

Seeing the person who came in, all blood drained from her face, leaving her as pale as a ghost.

"Dhruv Khuranna.." the name escaped her lips, as she stared helplessly at the man who just came in.