Final Update

TW: mentions of suicide (within this story, not on a personal account)

Hi everyone! So, uh, it's been two years. I never thought I'd be the fanfic writer that all but disappears for years on end, but here I am.

I have gotten so many lovely comments about this fic and I'm so unbelievably grateful for everyone's support on this story.

That being said, I'm a very different person compared to who I was when I was 14 and there are some parts of this story that I'm not proud of. At first glance, most of you will probably assume it's my somewhat cringy writing style and bad pacing that makes me dislike this story so much. But really, I want to talk for a minute about a specific chapter/chapters.

The way I portrayed suicide in this story doesn't sit right with me anymore (the same goes for other, smaller parts of this story, but the suicide subplot is my main regret). I'm going to be honest with you all, I haven't reread this story in full since I wrote it, but the chapters with suicidal themes I remember relatively clearly. And for the most part, I had written those chapters in favour of drama rather than an accurate portrayal of mental health.

I want to apologize for that because I should not have just thrown this piece of media onto the internet without doing some proper research. Ultimately what I'm trying to say is that my portrayal was unrealistic and unnecessary.

The second thing I'd like to touch on briefly is Wattpad itself. I'm no longer a writer on here. I haven't been for years. At first, it was because I didn't have any inspiration, but after a while, I began to write again and realized what a toxic environment this place truly is. Hence why I haven't been back to update or give updates in a long time.

I guess if you're reading this, you're either a longtime fan excited for an update or a newer fan who's just finished and is looking to read more. I'm going to be blunt, I'm never posting anything on Wattpad again, but I'd like to ask everyone reading now a question. If I were to rewrite/revamp this story on Archive of Our Own (AO3), would anyone be interested in reading?

AO3 is my go-to place for reading and writing fic these days, and if anyone would like it, I can give a whole damn paragraph as to why it's better than Wattpad. But that's not why I'm bringing this up. If you would like a revamp and conclusion to this story, I want to know via however many upvotes/likes this update gets. I think if I get at least 25 I will.

So let me know!

Also, if anyone has never actually heard of AO3, feel free to DM me with questions either here or on my Tumblr @Azymondias05 which, coincidentally is also my AO3 username.

Lastly, I want to thank everyone again for all the support and love this story has gotten and I'm excited to see everyone's opinions on this potential revamp.

Thanks for reading!!
Rose <3

EDIT (25/10/22): Also can we appreciate I got the Aaravos being a "Great One" thing right? Like WTF. Obviously my backstory around them was different but I CALLED IT. IN 2020.