~ Temptation ~

Callum opened his eyes to the smell of a pot roast and freshly baked Jelly tarts. He was in a grand living room, standing next to a large brick fireplace, the heat of the flames warming him. The space felt so familiar, so safe, so warm. Despite that, everything around him felt like a distant memory, that he couldn't quite place his finger on. He could see the full moon outside shining brightly through one of the many windows. Where was Rayla? As a matter of fact, where was he?

"Callum, dinner's ready!" A male voice called.

Somehow he knew exactly where to go, and without hesitation began walking straight for the kitchen. He knew every room, every hall, up to the tiniest details, scents and colours. But from where?

"Callum! There you are! Didn't you hear your dad, dinner's ready."

"M-Mum? No that's impossible you're dead!" He stammered.

"What do you mean. Have you got into the jelly tarts again?" Sarai chuckled.

"What? No! Where am I?" Callum demanded.

"You're home silly! Where else would you be? Come on, your father's waiting for us!"

"King Harrow? Is he here too?" Callum was in complete shock.

"Are you ok sweetheart? Why would the king be here?"

Callum was bewildered, where the hell was he, and what on earth was his mother -if she really is his mother- going on about? His father? As he entered the kitchen he saw a man. He had a defined jawline and chocolate brown hair, he looked around his mid-thirties, and as soon as he saw Callum he smiled brightly.

"Callum there you are! Where have you been?"

Sarai walked over and stood next to him, planting a kiss on his cheek. "Come on son, join us for dinner"

"No, this isn't real I need to find Rayla! What have you done with her!" He accused, a sense of panic rising in his chest.

"We don't know what you're talking about, son." The man spoke.

"Son? Who the hell are you?!" Callum screamed, knocking a plate off the table.

"What do you mean who am I? I'm your father" 

"T-this isn't real! You're both dead! Is this some cruel trick!" 

"There's no trick. All your life you have felt different like you don't fit in. Come back to us, you'll be loved and you'll belong."

Tears welled in Callums eyes. A chance to be reunited with his parents, to have a home, to be normal for once in his life. He stood there frozen.

"Don't be afraid son, take my hand, we can be a family again!"

Callum reluctantly reached out, unsure what he was doing.

"That's the way... Join us..."

Just as Callum's hand was about to reach his fathers, he pulled away.

"No... This is a test, you're not real!" He yelled. All around him the perfect environment that he was in started to change. As he stared at his parents faces their expressions became bleak and lifeless. Their skin peeled away leaving only a glowing beings.

"This could be a reality..." The beings spoke, "Leave your mortal life, join your parents. Join us..."

"No."

"Join us! Join us!"

Callum covered his ears trying to block out the unbearable noise, "Join us! Join us!"

With all the courage he had left he roared, "NO!"

----------

Soft grass under her feet, a warm breeze blowing her hair. Rayla gazed up to see the full moon.

"Rayla!"

She turned around startled by the sudden call, "Callum? Did we do it? Did we make it?"

He didn't say a word as he walked up to meet her. He pulled her in for a kiss, when all of a sudden he stopped, lips just centimetres away from hers.

"You're weak..." He said maliciously.

"Wha-"

"You're weak!" He yelled shoving her to the ground. She stumbled backwards scrambling to her feet. She reached for her dual blades, but with a click of Callum's fingers, they disappeared into thin air. 

"You're weak!" He screamed again.

Callum clicked his fingers once more and they appeared, hovering over a vast blue ocean. Rayla's eyes widened in fear as she stared at the depths below her.

"Your weak!" He roared once more.

Then suddenly Rayla felt whatever was holding her up disappear and she began to fall. 

"No!" She shrieked, "Help me!"

She hit the water with a slap and began to flail her arms around. She kicked her legs vigorously trying to keep her head above the surface. Callum stood there hovering, watching her drown.

"Fear is a weakness," He said bleakly, "I will never love your insecurities, your tears disgust me! I hate you!"

"Please make it stop, Callum! I'll do anything!" 

"I can make you flawless," He replied, "Free of all weakness and pain. You will have my love again" 

"Just make it stop!" she cried barely keeping her head above the surface.

Rayla limbs were tiring and her throat filling with water when she remembered Callum's words; 'I don't care if you're crying, I'm here with you' 'I could never hate you' 'Rayla, you're the most amazing person I've ever met'

"No!" She screamed using all her leftover strength, "You're not him! He loves me for who I am! Imperfections and all!"

"You're wr-" He tried to protest

"I don't need to be flawless!"