~ The Great Ones ~

A/N: Hey guys, sorry I haven't updated in ages. I feel like my writing quality has dropped significantly so I'm sorry if the storyline feels rushed, but here's the next chapter :) Also I wrote this at like midnight so sorry if it's not the best <3

Callum froze staring at the page in front of him, but as soon as he blinked the drawing disappeared again. He was snapped out of his confused state when his shoulder began to throb again. What the hell is going on?!  Taking a deep, he turned back to the mirror and picked up his jacket off the floor. The perplexed prince composed himself before putting on his jacket and making his way outside to confide in Rayla.

Callum walked up awkwardly hoping he didn't look as uneasy as he felt, "Rayla can I talk to you for a second? Um, in private."

"Uh, sure" She replied quizzically.

Just as he was about to tell her about everything; the scar, the drawing, the pain, he couldn't help but notice the content smile on her face, it warmed his heart, she looked so... happy. After everything that had happened in the past two days, she finally had a smile on her face. I shouldn't worry her with something that is probably nothing, He thought to himself.

"What's up? Is everything ok?" She asked as they stood there in silence.

"Oh um... yeah, I just, um was..." Rayla stared at him confused. "We should ask your parents about Aaravos!" He exclaimed rather loudly; it was the first thing that came to his head, but it wasn't a complete lie either.

"Um, yeah ok, is that all?" She questioned in disbelief, he was acting strange; stranger than usual, that is.

"I mean that is the only reason we freed your parents from the coins in the first place, isn't it?" 

At those words, Rayla glared at him with an exasperated expression, and he realized that was probably the worst possible reasoning he could have put forward.

"I mean, we, I, that's not the only reason," Callum sighed, "Sorry."

"It's ok, I know what you meant. You're right, we do need to talk to them." She agreed.

Callum's words had clearly upset her; she hid it well, but he knew her better than she knew herself. That conversation definitely hadn't gone the way he planned.

----------

Rayla had no idea what had gotten into Callum, he wasn't acting like himself at all. But no matter how much the thought nagged her, he was right, they did need to talk to her parents. When they explained their situation to Tiadrin and Lain the whole atmosphere shifted, it changed from happy conversations to concerned and troubled looks.

"So you're saying he's free? Aaravos is free?" Tiadrin repeated in disbelief.

"Yes, we need to know how Avizandum imprisoned him last time," Rayla explained.

"Even if we did tell you, there would be no point. The spell requires a special crystal, and the last of its kind was used centuries ago, there's nothing we can do."

"Are you sure? I mean could we-"

"Rayla this isn't our problem," Lain interrupted, "Don't start a fight you can't finish. Let someone else do something."

"I don't know if you've noticed dad, but I'm not the kind of elf to just leave it to someone else!" She retorted.

"Would you two stop arguing!" Tiadrin chided, "I'm trying to think"

Everyone knew very well that they couldn't take on Aaravos in person, he was too powerful. But a thought came to Tiadrin's mind, what if we could render him powerless.