~ Jealousy ~

"Our plan is failing..." Echoed a deep male voice.

"What do you mean? She's barely getting any sleep, the nightmares are working" A female voice spoke.

"She's stronger with Callum by her side" The third spoke, "I propose-"

"Why don't we hear what your daughter has to say for a change? How did I put it all those years ago, 'She will be a valuable asset'"

"And how did I put it, 'She is not an asset, she is my daughter!'"

"Cut the crap dad, and if you had bothered to ask, I happen to have a solution to this predicament"

"Go on then, Claudia."

"My pleasure, Aaravos..."

"You say the nightmare spell is weakening, that she is fighting back. Well, we just have to make it stronger" Claudia began, "You've heard of an Annelial Crystal, yes?"

"Yes? But that weakens spells, it doesn't strengthen them!" Viren exclaimed sceptically.

"But... a dark Annelial Crystal would..." Aaravos' voice echoed again.

"Exactly! The elf is staying in a village just east of Katolis, this is our chance to strike. Leave it to me, I'll place the crystal, enchant it and return. When she is at her weakest point we will strike"

"And what happens if you're caught, Claudia?" Viren questioned.

"I'll have leverage..."

Aaravos grinned as Claudia pulled out a small leather pouch from her satchel.

"The elf wouldn't kill me believing that I'm the only one who can save her parents..."

----------

Claudia had not seen the princes in over 2 years, but she often wondered what became of them and the bloodthirsty elven assassin who claimed to be their friend. Despite everything that had happened, she couldn't shake her feelings for Callum, the quirky step-prince who she grew up with, and held close to her heart. But he did not believe in the things she did, he couldn't do what was necessary for the good of humanity. Though she wished she could see him again, it was clear she must not be seen.

Claudia asked around, and before long, she knew exactly where the elf was said to be staying. She peered through the half-open window to see if anyone was inside. The coast was clear. The window creaked as it was pushed it open. Claudia jumped through, careful not to disturb any of her surroundings as she placed her satchel on the floor.

From her bag, she pulled out a large purple crystal and placed it somewhere out of sight.

"Lleps siht nehtgnerts, wolfrevo ssenkrad!" As Claudia spoke these words, her eyes were engulfed with purple and the crystal began to glow. But just as she was about to finish the spell, she heard people coming from outside, Claudia hid behind a curtain just in time as the door flung open.

"Stop it, Callum!" Rayla giggled, "It tickles!"

"This is your fault for getting mud all over my new boots!" He exclaimed, laughing back and tickling her more.

Claudia pulled back the curtain slightly to see what was going on. Her jaw dropped as Callum pulled the elf into a passionate kiss. Shock overcame Claudia's body, and without even realising it, one of her bottles she was holding slipped out of her hand and smashed on the floor.

Rayla and Callum tensed up and looked around the room.

"Who's there!?" Rayla shouted perturbed, "Come out now!"

Rayla unsheathed her swords and Callum stood just behind her, calm yet cautious.

"Ok, why don't we all calm-"Claudia began.

"You..." Rayla sneered.

"Claudia, what are you doing here?" Callum questioned.

"I could ask you the same thing! I thought she was meant to be living here, not you!"

"She has a name, and she is my girlfriend! Get out now!" Callum yelled, getting angrier.

Claudia stood still, not out of defiance but out of shock.

"How could you Callum! Has she brainwashed you, are you crazy?!" Claudia exclaimed.

This time Callum had had enough, "Ok that's it! It's one thing for you to break in here to do god knows what, but you do not get to stand here and insult Rayla!"

"You're going to regret coming here!" Rayla's voice interrupted, "I should have killed you when I had the chance!"

Rayla tackled the witch viciously, knocking her to the ground. Although Claudia was strong, Rayla overpowered her easily and held a sword to her throat.

"Rayla!" Callum yelled.

"She deserves this Callum!"

"But you don't! Killing her will only make things worse!"

"You should listen to him Rayla... After all, I'm the only living soul left who knows how to save your parents..."

"W-what?" Rayla's voice became disturbed, "What would you know about them!?"

Claudia smirked, "I have them right here..."

She pulled out the small leather pouch and rolled out three coins. Rayla looked down to see her mother, father and Runaan's petrified faces staring back at her. Tears welled up in her eyes and her swords clattered to the ground.

"You monster..." Rayla exclaimed.

"Funny, that's exactly that one said" Claudia laughed, pointing to Runaan's coin.

Realising Rayla was bemused, Claudia reached for her staff, and before Callum could warn Rayla, she slammed it to the ground and sent them both flying into the wall. Coughing and spluttering they look up to see that the young witch had disappeared. But what Claudia didn't realise was that she had left behind one of her coins...