~ Doubt ~

Rayla chuckled nervously walking over to Callum. She desperately wanted to hold his hand, they were in this together, but she couldn't show it.

"Mum, Dad, Runaan..." Rayla gulped, "This is Callum."

"I'm her-"

"Really good friend!" Rayla interrupted laughing nervously, reminding Callum that he was talking to two elite warriors and a trained assassin.

"I'll explain later, let's just get out of here." 

Before Rayla's parents had a chance to react, Rayla nodded to the light being signalling that they were ready to go. It nodded back respectfully before opening a massive blue portal.

"After you guys," Rayla gestured to her parents and Runaan once more.

They reluctantly stepped through the portal, and Rayla breathed a sigh of relief once they were gone. Callum gave her an unsure look.

"I will tell them. Eventually." She said, kissing his cheek.

"I just don't want you to hide your feelings for me, I don't want you to hide us."

"I'll tell them soon, I promise" She reassured.

He took her hand in his and they stepped through the portal together. 

----------

When they returned through the portal it was around midday. They had been gone for at least 12 hours although it didn't feel like it.

"You can stay at the nexus as long as you desire" Lujanne insisted.

"Thank you so much for your kindness" Tiadrin replied with a smile.

Callum was completely silent as he watched Rayla catch up with her parents, it made him realise how much he missed his.

"Hey," Claudia said resting a hand on his shoulder, "Do they know? About you and the elf?" She asked sympathetically.

"No. Rayla's afraid to tell them, and honestly I can understand why," Callum explained unable to decide what to do.

"You should meet up with her in private, talk about it." She suggested.

"Yeah, maybe I should"

Callum had begun to teach Rayla some basic sign language, and this would be the perfect opportunity to use it. He got her attention the began to sign, 'meet me nexus sunset.' she replied 'ok'  before turning back to Runaan and her parents.

After Rayla finally got Runaan off her tail, she made her way up to the nexus.

"Good evening M'lady" Callum chortled giving her a silly bow.

Rayla sighed, "Good evening my prince," she said giving a curtsy in return as she rolled her eyes.

"Look, about earlier, I was planning to tell them." Rayla began.

"I understand, you're scared. We can tell them tomorrow, together."

Rayla gave him a soft smile and kissed his cheek, "Thanks."

"We probably shouldn't spend the night together tonight, Runaan's been following me around all afternoon. I was barely able to lose him to meet up tonight."

"I agree. Will you be ok?" 

"Yes I'll be fine, don't worry about me."

Rayla gave him a peck on the lips before walking off back toward the room she was staying in. Unfortunately for her, Runaan was waiting at the front door, an angry expression plastered on his face.