~ Pain ~

A/N: Hey guys, this is a trigger warning because this chapter contains suicidal themes, and so will the one after it. So if you don't feel comfortable reading I'll have a short summary of this chapter in bold at the end. These next two chapters don't actually add too much to the plot, they're mainly for character development. If I'm being honest, they're also a chance for me to vent my emotions (Don't worry I'm not suicidal). Just as a side note too, this is in no way an accurate representation of what some people are going through, everyone is different. But if anyone needs someone to talk to feel free to dm me. So for those of you who do read, I hope you enjoy.

On a happier note thank you guys so much for 1.4K reads, I never expected this fanfic to do well. Ok, I'm gonna stop talking now, enjoy!

----------

"Rayla wait!" Callum called, beginning to run after her.

"Oh no, you don't!" Runaan replied, kicking the back of Callum's shin knocking him to the ground. "You're not going anywhere near her!'

"Argh! For gods sake! You were the one who upset her in the first place, who else is going to talk to her?!" 

"She'll get over it, she's a warrior, not some hopeless emotional being, I taught her better than that. What I'm more interested in, is what her parents will think about all of this. You will wait here!"

As much as he wanted to object, he knew there was no point picking a fight with a trained assassin like Runaan. I'll find her when  Runaan has cooled down and isn't watching my every move Callum decided.

----------

Reluctantly Callum sat and read a book to pass the time, but his heart sank to the pit of his stomach as he saw Tiadrin and Lain returning up the mountain wearing full suits of dragonguard armour and holding multiple weapons. Not to mention the smug look Runaan had on his face.

"What's gotten you so cheery?" Lain asked patting his friend on the back.

"I stopped this idiot over here from taking advantage of your daughter," Runaan began, pointing at Callum, "I caught him sleeping with her!"

"He did what now!?" Lain shrilled. 

Callum got to his feet and began to protest, "Ok number one, I would never take advantage of Rayla! And number two, you make make it sound a lot worse than it actually was!!"

Lain pulled out his duel-bladed staff and approached Callum. He gulped as Lain grabbed him by the scarf and held the curved edge of the blade to his throat. Callum freed himself from Lain's grip and jumped backwards.

"Look I don't want to fight," Callum said putting his hands out in front of him.

"Please, you wouldn't stand a chance against me!" Lain ridiculed.

"I wouldn't be too sure about that." Callum raised his hand and felt the air in front of him, then began to trace a massive lightning rune in the air.

Tiadrin who, until now, was watching from the sidelines rushed in between the two.

"Lain stop!" She yelled, staring at him with a deadly serious look. Reluctantly he dropped his staff. After he did so, Callum, with a swish of his hand, made the crackling rune disappear and Tiadrin turned to face him.

"You're the human mage, aren't you? General Amaya's nephew."

"Yes? Wait, how do you know my aunt?"

"I met her when we stopped by Lux Aurea. I have always been close with Queen Janai; she and general Amaya were setting up outposts and rebuilding the breach together when we crossed. She seems like an amazing woman, and I think Janai thinks so too." Before Tiadrin could finish her explanation, Runaan interrupted,