6| Because Of Him

After a while, we had arrived outside of a huge building. "Oh my-."

"-God," Jordan finished for me as I looked up at the building struck with awe. We stood staring at the fucking huge building before he threw his coffee into a nearby trash can and walking in behind me.

I am telling you that I have never ever seen a building this fucking tall. Obviously, it's not taller than the Burj Khalifa but it's pretty tall.

"Hey there! How can I help you?," the receptionist asked with a small smile. She probably gets paid a ton for just sitting at a desk.

I wish I had a job like that but no. I decided I wanted a challenge. Sometimes, I really hate myself and the choices I make.

"We have a meeting with the Vice Presidents."

"Of course. Please follow Willow, she'll take you to the meeting room." We nodded our heads and turned to face a girl slightly younger than me.

We followed her into the elevator, silently. Suddenly as the doors closed, my palms felt sweaty and my heartbeat sounded louder than ever in my ears. Jordan threw an arm over my shoulders, pulling me into his side as he lightly squeezed my arm in an attempt to comfort me.

Willow glanced at us, her eyes widening. "I thought you two were business partners. Oh god, I'm so sorry. It's none of my business. It's my first week here and I've already offended possible clients. Oh my god," she rushed out. Jordan let out a chuckle, knowing how choked up me and her are feeling.

What can I say? It's my fear of elevators.

And her fear of offending people.

"I don't swing that way," Jordan laughed. "No offence, El."

"None taken," I managed to get out. I noticed Willow had slightly relaxed at Jordan's laid back self. She's probably realised that we aren't like other professionals. We're more laid back and less stuck up our own asses.

When Jordan and I first met, he was trying to figure out who he really was. Now, he's finally found out and realised who he wants. And I couldn't be more proud of him.

But I couldn't tell him that since I was sort of struggling to speak.

~

When we had finally reached the floor we needed to be on, Willow took us to a meeting room. "Where you find your place cards is where you'll find your seats," she said. "Good luck." She attempted to leave.

"You're really young," I observed. She paused and turned to face me. "You're younger than me, aren't you?"

"Yeah. I worked hard and graduated high school early. Plus, my aunts fiancé owns the company," she shrugged.

"Oh really? Who's your aunt? We'll be having a meeting with her fiancé in a couple of days if this one goes well."

"Hopefully," she chuckled. "Isabella Moretti. Maybe you've heard of her?"

I froze. Isabella. This can't be their company, right? She might be talking about another Isabella Moretti. There's probably thousands in the world. And thousands who are engaged to multi-billionaires.