25| Broken

Liliana's PoV

"Sebastian," I said softly. "I'm ready."

"No, you're not," he replied. I let out a sigh.

"I am! If you don't think so, I can always do it with someone else," I explained. He narrowed his eyes at me. He shook his head firmly.

"It has to be with me," he spoke. "I'm not letting you do this alone or with someone else."

"Well, stop disagreeing with me then," I snapped. He didn't say a word but mumbled something under his breath. "What was that?," I asked sharply, my eyes narrowing at him.

"Nothing," he shrugged, innocently.

"I still need to talk to Dom," I sighed out. "He actually hates me."

"He doesn't. That also reminds me that I need to apologise to Vin."

"You haven't fucking apologised to him?," I asked in shock. He nodded his head before running a hand down his face.

Sebastian fired Vin to protect his plan of revenge and he also possibly maybe said some pretty hurtful things.

"I've been occupied."

"He went to your fucking wedding,"

"I forgot."

"You're useless."

"I know."

"Anyway, after we've done here, you can apologise to Vin and I can apologise to Dom," I planned. He nodded his head.

~

We walked through the cemetery. Sebastian grabbed my hand, probably thinking I'll need his support. Suddenly, we stopped. "We're here," he spoke.

I slowly looked down at the ground, my eyes landing on the gravestone.

Liliana Romano
Beautiful wife, daughter, sister and best friend
'The bright light in our darkness'
1998-2016

It could've been Liliana Di Salvo but my name was never legally changed. Plus, we never even thought about me having his last name.

My breath hitched in my throat as I finally saw it. I did come here years ago to stalk Sebastian but I never even dared to look at my gravestone.

There were fresh flowers leaning against it, no doubt from my parents still trying to keep up the lie that I'm dead. Honestly, I'm surprised they haven't heard yet.

I leaned down and just stared at it. "The caskets empty, right?," I asked warily. He shrugged his shoulders.

"I thought you were dead so I don't know," he shrugged. "But your parents wouldn't be sick enough to put some random dead and probably missing girl in there."

"They would," I spoke, quietly. "Some random girl could be in there. In my grave. Her parents were probably worried sick; they probably still are."

He stayed silent.

"Their little girl never came home," I spoke sadly.