30| Breathe

Sebastians PoV

I watched, from where I was stood, Liliana rushed out of the room. I furrowed my eyebrows in confusion. I knew she had her worries about coming here but I promised her she'd be okay. I ended my speech quickly, not wanting to do this without Liliana here.

Seeing Jordan and Dom follow behind her made me feel relieved. She's not alone.

I would go and see if she's okay but I have things to sort out first.

A lot of fucking people think I'm a heartless, cold blooded killer and maybe I am. But to her, Liliana, I'm not. Sure she thinks I'm annoying as fuck and calls me an asshole all the fucking time, but I'd rather her think and call me that, than her thinking I'm some killing machine who doesn't give a fuck.

But I do give a fuck but only because she made me. She's the only person I care about and I plan to keep it that way.

Ten minutes later, she re-emerged with Dom and Jordan by her side. Leaving Isabella on her own, I made my way to where Valentina was stood. "You need to get Jordan out of here," I told her firmly. She looked at me in confusion as she took a sip of her drink.

"Why?"

A smile grew on my face. "That's what you'll find out. Now get rid of him."

Honestly, I don't even know who the fuck told him to come. I thought he said he didn't want anything to do with the mafia.

Without asking another question, she set her drink down on the table before she made a beeline towards him. I watched closely as they exchanged a few words before she began guiding him towards the exit.

I let out a sigh as it felt like a weight had been lifted from my shoulders.

I gave two men in my mafia a signal before they nodded their heads and disappeared. I stood on the small makeshift stage, practically demanding attention. All eyes were on me as mouths snapped shut, wanting to hear every word I have to say.

Isabella started making her way next to me. I shot her a glare making her stay where she was. She suddenly shrunk back and stopped moving. "Some of you may remember that seven years ago today, my wife was shot and forced to fake her death to stay sane and safe." Gasps and murmurs could be heard circling around the room. "Don't act like you didn't know. Seven fucking years is a long time. I can't believe that seven years ago today in this very same room, she almost died."

My eyes searched the crowd for Liliana, knowing she was probably nervous and terrified of being in this room again. Once my eyes connected with hers, I held eye contact before I broke it to scan the crowd.

"Now, that whole shit happened because of my crazy fucking mother," I spat out. Just on cue, the door was pushed open and the two men from my mafia walked in, holding my mother by each arm. "Just in time."

Liliana looked at me confused, her mouth agape and her eyes wide. "You want to do the honours?," I asked her, my eyes connecting with hers. Mutters and murmurs were all I could hear from the crowd as everyone looked around confused, wondering who I was talking to.

She didn't say a word as she pushed through the crowd making her way towards me. I never got the chance to look at her properly before. She looks fucking amazing. That can't even describe how amazing she looks right now.