16| Me And Only Me

Liliana's PoV

He left me at the clearing. Not willingly. He did offer to take me back but I refused. After what he said, I can't be even be near him. At least not yet. I'll bounce back, after a couple of days of crying to sad songs and movies. Plus, I didn't want to stay in that car with him for an hour.

I'd rather jump off a cliff.

So here I am now sat in passenger seat of Vins car. I didn't even call him to come and get me since my phone died but I'm guessing Sebastian did. I glanced at the time on the dashboard. 6:00am.

I leaned my head against the window as Vin looked at me concerned. He leaned over into the back and grabbed a random blanket before putting it on over me. "I'm sorry," he mumbled. "I shouldn't have pressured you into going to the wedding."

"You didn't," I said quietly. "I made my own choice and now I have to deal with the repercussions."

"I'm gonna pretend I know what that big word means," he said. "Anyway, I hope both of the fucking dickheads drown and choke on air again and again."

"Same," I said as my eyes suddenly felt drowsy.

Something about the way Sebastian was acting at the clearing felt off. It was like he was trying to hide something. I don't know what but he's hiding something from me and he definitely doesn't want me know what it is.

"Go to sleep," Vin said softly. "I'll make sure you won't drown or choke on air."

I didn't even bother replying as my eyes closed on their own accord.

~

"I love you," he told me honestly as he looked into my eyes. The butterflies in my belly felt like nothing compared to the party that the zoo animals were having in there. "And I always will."

"I love you," I said. I hate saying 'I love you too'. It makes me feel like saying 'I love you' is an obligation.

"Promise me it'll always be us," he demanded. I let out a small chuckle. "I'm being serious. If you think I'm joking, lets' do a pinky promise."

A huge smile grew on my face. "A pinky promise?" Sebastian nodded his head. "What happened to my crazy mafia husband who kills anyone that even looks at him weird?"

"He's hibernating until he really needs to come out," he answered smoothly. "But I'm not joking. Promise me it'll always be us."

"I promise. Now, you have to promise me if one of us forgets or falls out of love, we won't give up." He gave me a smile as he lightly stroked my cheek and pushed my wet hair out of my face. "I'm being serious. Promise me, you won't give up."

"I promise but that's practically the same thing I made you promise," he chuckled.

"Nope," I said, shutting it down. "It's not. They're completely different."

"Really," he mused. It was at that point when I knew he was up to something but I realised to late. He pushed me into the pool before jumping in after me. When I rose, I glared at him angrily as he swam towards me. "You look as beautiful as ever."