40| Who?

Liliana's PoV

"When were you gonna tell me?," I asked him calmly as he drove us back home.

"Once you were better," he answered. "You're sick and piling more shit on top of you isn't gonna get you better."

"I'm not dying," I scoffed out. He let out a sigh, keeping his eyes trained on the road ahead. "I don't know the man. I've probably only met him twice in my life and now, he wants to get to know me out of the blue."

Sebastian shrugged his shoulders. "It's your decision."

"What do you mean it's my decision?," I snapped. "Did I or did I not clearly say to his face that I want nothing to do with him?"

"You did."

"I've made my decision."

"Okay."

"But he's some stranger," I spoke, my voice cracking. "He's trying to flip everything upside down."

"Why are you crying?"

"I'm not," I said clearing my throat although it did nothing. "I'm not crying!"

"Okay! Sorry I asked," he said calmly, slightly confused.

I sniffled slightly. "What if he wants to kill me? Maybe he's come to finish the job off. And I trust too easily, maybe that's how he thinks he'll be able to kill me."

"I think you're reading too much into it."

"And now, you think I'm delusional!," I exclaimed, throwing my hands in the air. "I want nothing to do with that man, my mother or my- fuck, I don't even know what to call him! He's not even my real dad."

"You're not delusional. You're just confused. I think you should take some time and really think about it."

"And now, you think I'm rushing into this decision? It's not huge. I don't want to know him and that's it!," I almost yelled and by the look on his face, I could tell that he thought I was trying to pick a fight.

I wasn't. He just keeps on saying the wrong stuff. It's like he's trying to make me cry on purpose.

"You don't need to get to know him," he shrugged, giving up as he glanced at me.

"Thank you," I said. "That's all I wanted to hear."

"I'm just saying that you have a choice," he added on carefully.

"Oh shit," I said as my hand covered my mouth. His eyes widened as he pulled the car to halt on the side of the rod. I quickly undid my seat belt with my hand still covering my mouth before jumping out of the car and heaving out everything inside of me.

"You okay?"

I nodded my head as I slowly got into the car.

I really hate being sick.

~

"Sebastian, I think we should get rid of my headstone," I told him.