38| Really?

Liliana's PoV

"Really thought I'd be done with the hardest part when I pulled myself out of your arms," I spoke softly as I reminisced about all of our good times together.

I'm an idiot but I wasn't ready.

He broke up with me. But technically, I sort of did when I said no.

"Wish I knew that was only the start," he grumbled out.

"Say it with more feeling," I demanded before replaying the song from the start. He let out a sigh before I glared at him, shutting him up.

One of the many huge memorable memories I now have is of tonight.

~Flashback~

"Every moment with you is precious and something I want to treasure forever. I love you, I really do and that's why I know I can't live without you again because before when we were apart, I was merely surviving. I wasn't even alive. Hell, I wasn't even living. You've turned me into who I am today and I'm grateful to you for that because you've changed me from some heartless fucker to someone that actually cares. I know that I want to spend forever with you. I want to grow a family with you. I want to go on more vacations with you. I want to love you forever. I want you, Lili. And I hope you feel the same so Liliana Romano, will you marry me?"

Did he just-? I think he did.

I held my breath as he opened the box revealing a ring. I let out a gasp. The ring was a silver, maybe rose gold. I couldn't really tell because there wasn't a lot of light emitting from the lanterns. The ring had some tiny but very real diamonds scattered along the band, which joined together making a small little pattern and in the middle of that was a rock.

Not a literal rock.

A big diamond sat in the middle of it that was definitely worth a hell of a lot of karats. It was stunning.

I always thought that an engagement ring was supposed to be simple but I guess in our world, simple doesn't exist.

"Lili?," he asked, snapping me out of my gaze on the ring.

"Oh my god," I breathed out shakily. I tore my gaze from the ring to his face. I could tell he was nervous. "I'm warning you that once I say yes there's no going back. You'll be stuck with me forever."

"That's the aim."

"Yes," I breathed out with a slight chuckle.

He took the ring out of the box and slid it on my finger before he grabbed my waist and connected our lips.

Just like the first time we kissed, I felt the butterflies and everything else. I don't think that feeling is ever gonna go away and to be honest, I hope it doesn't.

My arms wrapped around his neck, pulling him closer to me. Both of us still on our knees, we stood there breathless. Our foreheads rested against each others as we held hands. "I want everything you said," I spoke softly. "I love you Seb."

"I love you more." He placed a light kiss on my forehead as his arms wrapped themselves around me, pulling me in for a hug.