7. It's bad, Lei..

"He was so handsome, Zhan-ge! I mean...I have never seen someone like him ever before. Aiyo! He looks like he belongs in a vogue magazine or something, ge", Wei Wei sighed dreamily and Xiao Zhan turned to Liu Fang with an arched brow. "Aren't you going to stop her?", he asked referring to Wei Wei's fangirling and Liu Fang shrugged a shoulder. "She isn't lying. Mr.Wang is handsome", he supplied with a straight face and Zhan narrowed his eyes. "That doesn't bother you? Your mate talking about another man like that? If I was you I would have plummeted the Alpha to death", he challenged and Liu Fang shrugged again. "It's me who gets to hold her at the end of the day. No one loves her more than me. I'm not worried", Zhan's eyes bulged at the man's straight explanation and Wei Wei blushed bright red. "Move away! You guys are making me sick", Zhan shuddered theatrically and Wei Wei slapped him lightly on the shoulder. "Don't make fun of him", she reprimanded and the Omega smiled. "Stop blushing like a bride and I will stop", he teased making Wei Wei blush again. "Anyways, did any of you see Lei? I have been looking for him but can't find him", he questioned and Wei Wei shook her head. "Nope. I haven't." "Me neither", said Liu Fang and Zhan nodded. "Fine. I'll go look myself." He left the two lovebirds alone and made a beeline to Lei's office.

Zhan had rounded the shelter twice but hadn't seen Lei. The man wasn't even answering his calls maybe he was still upset with Zhan's behavior last night. Zhan had realised that Lei wasn't the one at fault. It was him who was creating a problem by being stupid. Lei just wanted to get help for the shelter and Zhan couldn't expect Lei to take sides between him and Yibo. Zhan was thinking of ways to apologise to Lei and tell him that he didn't blame him but Lei was nowhere to be found. Zhan had an important news to give to the elder and with every minute that passed, Zhan had to hear another compliment about Wang Yibo. It was making Zhan crazy. It was as if Wang Yibo was the last man on earth and no one could shut up about his exceptional manners, cold and handsome looks, his domineering aura, etcetera etcetera.

Zhan had snapped once or twice at people when they praised Yibo and he had found out that his reactions were making the others wonder. Many of the members who knew Yibo were still around and Zhan felt eyes on him wherever he went. He wasn't sure what people were expecting. Not everyone knew the entire story of what went down between him and Yibo. As far as they knew, Wang Yibo and Zhan had been really close and Yibo had just decided to leave for another pack when he grew up. It wouldn't be the first time it had happened. Many lone shifters left Hope after they found their mates or when Lei found a pack to relocate them. They always had an option of coming back and while some did, others learned to adjust among their own kind. Shifters were not supposed to be loners. The stability and anchoring that a pack provided to a shifter was something that nothing else could replace and in Hope, where all kinds of shifters came to seek refuge, some had trouble adapting. So, the others thought that Wang Yibo who was a strong Alpha by his very nature was uncomfortable and had decided to finally explore the world. While, Zhan had not been ready to leave so he had stayed. Zhan had never talked to anyone about what had happened, Lei and Yichen now being the only people who had seen his breakdown over Yibo. Zhan wanted to keep it that way. Not ready to come into the limelight and answer all the invasive questions, Zhan pretended that he was fine and had controlled himself from having a meltdown in front of everybody. It was harder than he thought it would be but Zhan could do it. Afterall, what other choice did he have?

Zhan opened Lei's office and finding the place empty, sighed irritably. "Are you planning on avoiding me forever?", he questioned the empty room and suddenly his skin prickled and the scent of sandalwood and chocolates slammed into him. "That should be my question", the deep, husky voice said from behind Zhan and the Omega froze instantly. He stared right ahead, too afraid to turn around and see the man who had haunted him for so long. Afraid to see indifference in those dark eyes he loved and get belittled for the fact that he was still pining for a man who didn't care about him. Zhan's fingers clenched around the door knob and tears burned his eyes but he bit his lips, focusing on the pain and willing his feelings away. "Won't you even look at me?", the voice came again and Zhan thought he had gone crazy because of the hurt he heard in the voice. Taking in a deep breath and promising himself he wouldn't break, Zhan turned around pasting a smile on his face. "Yibo! Long time no see. How have you been?", he asked turning and his heart stopped when his eyes met dark blazing ones of Wang Yibo.