11. Not my business..

"Zhan!!",came Lei's sharp voice and Zhan snapped out of his daze, looking over to the man. "Yeah?" "Are you still thinking about Yibo?", Lei questioned and the name was enough for Zhan to tense up. The events of the last week were still fresh in his mind but Zhan was oddly numb to what had happened. "No. I was just thinking about Yichen. He is still not responding to my calls", Zhan lied and Lei shot him a look that said, 'You can't fool me.' "Have you heard anything about him?", Zhan asked on a deep sigh and Lei shook his head knowing all to well who Zhan was talking about. "I tried. Yibo's beta told me he is fine now and is taking care of some pack business." "You believe him?", Zhan asked and Lei shrugged a shoulder. "Yibo is his Alpha, Zhan. Haoxuan has no reason to lie." "Did he tell you what happened?", Zhan questioned and Lei stared at him for a moment before sighing out a low, "No." "Something is up, Lei", Zhan said raking a hand through his hair and Lei raised a brow at his obvious distress.

"There is something up with Yibo's wolf. The scent of fear and anger that clings to him isn't right. He...is afraid of something. I think..I think Yibo lost control of his wolf back at the clearing." Zhan chewed on his lower lip and he gazed up to Lei only to find the lion shifter standing with a frown on his face. "Yibo is a full grown Alpha, Xiao Zhan. A shifter doesn't lose his control over his animal just like that. Are you saying Yibo lost control and attacked you?" "God, No!!" Zhan burst out and Lei pinned him with a hard gaze. "Then what are you saying?" Zhan's throat bobbed as he tried to come up with words but all of them died in his throat. He couldn't just tell Lei that Yibo had tried to mark him back at the clearing. Couldn't say that Yibo's eyes had turned red like a rogue wolf's. He couldn't get the words out of his mouth. Not when he himself wasn't ready to accept the bizzare truth. Zhan's neck was hidden under the turtleneck he wore but Zhan was sure that Yibo had intended to draw blood that day. The way Yibo had pounced on him, full of hunger and need, Zhan thought Yibo was trying to bite him and Yibo would have succeeded if he didn't faint at the last moment. Zhan himself was shook by the fact that he hadn't tried to stop Yibo. His wolf was whining at the loss of the full claiming bite and Zhan was too messed up because of that realisation.

"Lei can you please check on him?", Zhan
begged in a small voice and Lei's heart went soft at the obvious care and concern in the Omega's eyes. "Why don't you go there? I am sure Yibo will be happy to see you", he countered only to see a dark emotion flicker on Zhan's face. "I don't know what I'll see there. I just...I just want to know if he is okay. If you say he is, I will believe it." Lei knew what Zhan was thinking because the same thing was going on in Lei's head too. The members of the shelter had seen Zhan get approached by Yibo,had witnessed the Alpha knock Zhan down and everyone had seen the young Omega who had turned the place upside down calling for help. Xiang Yu Qi, was the name of the woman and with the way things looked, Lei knew Zhan wasn't feeling happy about the situation.

"She could just be a friend, Zhan", began Lei only to get pinned by Zhan's hard, cold gaze. Lei had no idea why he had said the words out loud. They were strange to his own ears. An Omega approaching an Alpha like that and the way the Wangs responded to her said a lot of things. On top of it, no one knew Yibo better than Lei and Zhan. Yibo was someone who was very particular about who he spent time with and very careful about who shared his personal space. The way Yu Qi had been all over Yibo as if she did it every other day...it didn't look good. If Yibo and the Omega were close, Lei wasn't sure how Zhan would deal with it. "My Yibo is long gone, Lei. What the Alpha of the Wang pack does is his business. All I need to know is that he is okay." A cold mask slid over Zhan's face and all the concern and worry shining in those eyes was gone. "I need to go to Luo territory. They heard about the little altercation we had with jackals and want to see me. I'll be back soon", Zhan said the words in a taut voice and Lei couldn't stop him. Zhan was out of the office with hurried steps and Lei buried his head in his hands. He needed to do something. Needed to find out just what the hell was wrong with Yibo. "What the fuck are you doing, Wang Yibo?", he muttered to the empty room and decided to see Yibo himself. Grabbing his keys, Lei was out and determined to get answers from Yibo.