59. Submit, Chang Xia...

The snow-white wolf stepped away from Yuqi's form moving towards Xiao Zhan. Zhan felt his heart would leave his chest when the Wang Alpha came to him, seating himself beside his feet. The white form was utterly still his eyes burning a deep red again and ever so slowly the gaze locked on Zhan. The crimson eyes that had been clouded by peril moments ago were extremely gentle as they took Zhan in. "You scared the shit out of me, Baby lion", Zhan said with a low chuckle, laughing harder when he felt the Alpha nose Zhan's hand in what he inferred was an apology. Zhan knelt wounding his arms around the Alpha's neck and burying his hands into Yibo's fur. "I love you", he repeated and heard the wolf let out a satisfied grunt. Low growls and harsh snapping of jaws had the two figures separating and Yibo's wolf let out another deep growl.

"I am one of you!", Yuqi screamed causing Zhan to look in her direction again. She was standing now, her eyes moving back and forth to the crowd of Wang Shifters that were getting closer to her growling and snarling. "YOU CAN'T DO THIS TO ME! I AM ONE OF YOU!!! I AM-" The words only made the crowd angrier and Zhan sensed pure terror seeping from the female Omega's pores before her wolf broke through. The light grey wolf looked for an escape but before she could run away the entire pack of Wang Shifters descended upon her tearing her into bits. Zhan closed his eyes but could still hear the Omega's pained wails and yelps. A few moments in the sounds stopped a silence descending upon the clearing. Bones popped beside Zhan and the Omega found himself staring at Yibo's dark eyes again. "Baby lion", he breathed jumping into his mate's arms. The arms around Zhan were unbearably tight but the Omega didn't complain holding Yibo tighter. "Are you okay?" Zhan inquired trying to pull back but Yibo didn't let him, burying his face into Zhan's freshly marked neck. "I lost control. Went back to that place. That scent was his only form of comfort in those dark days. It reminded him of you. To him, protecting that scent meant protecting memories of you. It's you my wolf wants. They can smell like whatever they want but they could never be you. I want my little wolf. I would never settle for anyone or anything else." Zhan nodded his head understanding what Yibo was telling him. "The fear got to my wolf. He could hear you, feel you but it felt like you were far away. You said you would protect him. Said that you love him. I knew you loved me but somewhere in my head, I still thought you wouldn't accept all of me. I have been hating my wolf for losing control for so long, Xiao Zhan. I thought if I couldn't love him, you wouldn't either. But, you proved me wrong."

Yibo pulled back from Zhan palming his mate's face, nothing but devotion on his perfect face. "You stood strong before him, challenged him. You don't fear him. You accept him. The only person in this world who would do that for me is my little wolf. The only person who can love all of me is my Zhan-Zhan. My everything, it's you. No one else will ever do. No one." Yibo picked up the bloodied wrist on Zhan's side, kissing the marks his wolf had left behind. "He wanted to leave his own trace on you. Wanted to make sure you belonged to him just as much as you belonged to me. You trusted him. Loved him at his lowest." "He is mine just as much as you are", Zhan said, beaming when Yibo pulled him in for another tight embrace. "I don't know what I'd be without you, little wolf. You are the only thing I want. The only thing I can't let go of. Every breath I take is yours. I love you."  Tears pricked Zhan's eyes at the heartfelt confession. "I know, baby lion. I love you too."

Yibo pulled back pressing his lips to Zhan's temple. Emotions gathered in his eyes, dark and intense. The mating bond had centred Yibo's animal. Yibo knew he loved Zhan to reason and beyond and when Zhan had marked him, the feelings had amplified. Looking at Zhan and feeling love soar through him wasn't anything new. What Yibo hadn't expected was the overflowing emotions inside him right now. It felt as if all the rage and fear Yinjun had pumped into him had transformed into the need for Xiao Zhan. Yibo felt so full of those feelings, that he felt like he would burst.

For most shifters, their beasts and human selves were one and the same. That hadn't been the case with Yibo. Ever since the night Yibo's wolf went feral, Yibo had felt at odds with his inner animal. They were always battling each other for dominance and slowly Yibo had grown detached from his animal. Yibo had marked Zhan as his but somewhere, Yibo's wolf had wanted the same too. Wanted his little wolf to belong to him too. Wanted proof that Zhan loved both of them. Now that the beast had his proof, everything else had faded away. "He won't ever go back to that place again. He won't be afraid again. He has you", Yibo reassured Zhan feeling Zhan sink into his body in relief. "Good." The Omega then pulled back pressing his lips to Yibo's jaw. "The only place you both need to be is with me. Nowhere else." There was nowhere Yibo wanted to be. Just in his little wolf's arms. "Zhan!", The pair separated at the urgent call, their eyes landing upon Wang Lei. The man had an ugly gash on his forehead, one of his hands limp by his side but that wasn't the reason the lion shifter was so desperate. "What's wrong?" "Chang Xia. She challenged Wei Wei to a duel."