40. Tell me why!!!

"I hope you have figured things out by now, Ming Jing." Yibo folded his hands on his lap staring at the Alpha sitting across from him. "My daughters will settle things among themselves. There won't be any fight, Wang Yibo."  "From the looks of it, I don't think so", Yibo supplied unlocking his phone to see that his little wolf had dropped him another text. "Why aren't you here yet? Everything good, baby lion?" Yibo typed a simple response to Zhan saying he will be there soon and placed his phone back into his pocket, focusing on the Chang Alpha. "Your daughter is still gathering support, Chang Ming Jing. She has met over eleven Alphas in this last week alone."  "My Xia-er is a little....headstrong. But, she doesn't want her sister dead, Wang Yibo. They had a little dispute and it escalated because of the involvement of the packs that backed up Hope. This became a challenge for my daughter. If you pull-"  "You don't even see it, do you?", Yibo huffed a laugh at the red-faced Alpha shaking his head slightly. "Your elder daughter is nothing less than a monster, Ming Jing. She wants to kill Wei Wei. Kill her. Nothing else will sate your elder daughter and the sooner you come to terms with this fact, the better it will be."  "I have said it already. They are just having a little dispute-"  "Your daughter killed nine people in that shelter, Alpha Chang. People who had nothing to do with her. A man named Li Jie was tied to a chair, stabbed multiple times, and tortured for hours just so your daughter could find where the other shifters were and she wanted to kill them too. The jackals hired by your daughter went after Lei, Xiao Zhan and you call this a little dispute?"  The Chang Alpha had gone quiet and Yibo breathed in deep to get himself under control because he was getting angrier by the man's attitude. "There are two things you can do now, Chang Ming Jing", Yibo instructed when the Alpha looked at him. "Either you tell your Xia-er to come to her senses and control all the damage she has done these past weeks or you tell her that Hope will retaliate when she attacks. If a fight ensues, I promise you we will win and you will lose both your daughters. You have already let Wei Wei down by letting this continue for so long. Instead of protecting her as you should have, you have left her to fend for herself while her sister is out for her blood. But, Wei Wei isn't alone, Alpha Chang. Lei, Zhan, and Shen Teng will not let Chang Xia hurt Wei Wei. And I will stand with my Omega tearing apart all the enemies he has. This won't end well for you in that scenario."  "You don't understand", muttered Ming Jing softly and the Wang Alpha stood up hearing his words. "Your guilt is going to destroy you, Ming Jing. You and me we both know Chang Xia is dangerous. For Wei Wei, for you, and herself. That woman is out to destroy hundreds of lives while you are twiddling your thumbs." "All you needed to do was take your support back but you have forced me into the corner", mumbled Chang Ming, and Yibo's features hardened.  "What did you say?" "Now, they will all suffer because you are being so obstinate. I didn't want to do this. But, I can't stop her. I can't let my Xia down." Yibo's eyes narrowed at the words, the Wang Alpha realizing that Chang Ming Jing had made his decision. The bastard was going to help his psychotic daughter, even help her in hurting his flesh and blood. The fucking coward. "Then it's settled. The next time we meet, I'll be standing over your daughter's carcass, Chang Ming."  "Before that, my daughter will gift you your Omega's head."  A loud growl left Yibo, his wolf ready to lunge on the Chang Alpha and a heartbeat later Yibo's phone rang. "Lei?", the Wang Alpha questioned and Yibo's blood ran cold when all that greeted him was silence. Yibo heard a loud howl from the background and panic filled him when Lei said, "Jackals. Hurry, Yibo."

"Thank you for inviting us", said Sanren, her hand placed on Zhan's shoulder, a kind smile on her face and Zhan smiled with her. "I am happy you came."  "It's so good to see you, A-Ying. Aunt and Uncle missed you every second. There were times when we thought she wouldn't-", the young boy's voice went hoarse and the elder beside him patted his back softly. "It has been hard on you. We know we can't ask you to forgive us for taking so long but we were searching for you all this while, A-Ying. We were."  "I know. Don't be sorry. I was happy here", Zhan responded softly knowing everyone in his family needed to hear it. They were sorry for any hardship Zhan might have faced, apologizing at every turn and Zhan wanted to ease them. He had lived a good life, it was the truth. The Wei family was extremely respectful of the family Zhan had now and they were trying their best to be a part of Zhan's world, for that alone Xiao Zhan liked all of them. And from what Zhan could see and feel, they liked him too. Zhan was sure his parents' gazes hadn't left him even for a second during the entire party. They kept looking at him still with longing in their gazes but along with that, he saw glimpses of adoration and pride. Zhan realized that all his fears about not being who his parents expected were stupid. The two couldn't stop praising him for the man he had become and Zhan felt his heart ease with that realization. The only thing he thought was missing was Yibo. If only he had his baby lion with him right now, Zhan wouldn't ask for anything else. "What are you thinking about?", asked his mother and Zhan shook his head saying, "Nothing much."  "That look on your face doesn't mean anything. Changze told me about the Alpha he met here. We'd like to meet him too. Since he will be a part of this family soon, I'd like to meet him."  Zhan nodded his head, a slight blush on his cheeks when he heard a voice. "Zhan-ge!" Wei Wei called for him and excusing himself Zhan made his way towards Wei Wei suddenly stopping mid-stride. His eyes moved towards the tree line at the end of the clearing, his nose twitching when he caught the scent. "Jackals", Zhan whispered and in a handful of seconds, the others caught the offending scent of ashes too. "Wei Wei!!", Zhan called for the girl and had her behind him, his eyes carefully scanning his surroundings.