36. Please, let me....

"I have to, baby lion. Will you stop sulking now?", Zhan stood up from the bed letting out a sigh when he saw Yibo turn his face away again. The man had been acting up since the last hour and Zhan had had it with him. "Fine. If you won't speak to me, there's no point in staying. Instead of leaving in the evening, I'll go right now." A heartbeat and a loud growl later Zhan found himself backed onto the bed with a very pissed Wang Yibo snarling down at him. If this was a week ago, Zhan would have immediately tried to calm his Alpha down with his touch or words but he didn't do that any more. Instead he met his Alpha's gaze head on, arching a brow. "You think your growls scare me?" He got no response but the gaze on him hardened although, it failed to have any effect on Zhan. Zhan had initially been careful around Yibo during his week long stay in Wang Territory. He wanted to make sure that nothing he did or said angered Yibo or his wolf but he had come to realize that he didn't have to worry. Zhan was sure Yibo wouldn't hurt him even when everyone else had a different opinion than him. The others were always reminding him that Yibo was dangerous, unstable...including Yibo himself.

Zhan had suggested Yibo to let his wolf do what he wished rather than caging him inside but Yibo was afraid of the consequences. According to the Wang Alpha, his wolf wanted to surface and be free but Yibo had to hold him back because Yibo's wolf didn't recognize anyone during his feral state which meant he could hurt someone if he felt unsafe. The animal thought of everyone as his enemy but Zhan didn't believe it and had tried his best to change what the others thought of Yibo. Yibo's wolf might be slightly worrisome but he wasn't that far gone. Yes, the animal was angry, yes he was aggressive but Zhan was convinced that the animal would be fine if Yibo decided to work with his inner animal instead of just fighting with him. Unfortunately, Yibo was adamant that he was dangerous. It broke Zhan's heart that Yibo himself had no faith in his wolf but Yibo had said that his concerns weren't baseless. "The day you see what I am truly capable of, you'll change your mind, little wolf." The words had stayed with Zhan but even then Zhan refused to treat Yibo like he was damaged. If Yibo's own mate lost faith in him, who would be on Yibo's side? So,the omega refused to treat his Alpha like he was made of glass and that was why he was mouthing off to the Wang Alpha at the moment.

"Snarling won't work. You have been brooding ever since Lei's call this morning. If you continue to be an ass I'll leave earlier." Zhan hissed when Yibo's teeth bit into his neck, not hard enough to draw blood but definitely enough to hurt. "You're being mean,Wang Yibo." "And you are being stubborn for no reason. I never said you shouldn't leave. All I am saying is-" "That I have to come back as soon as I am done", Zhan finished and Yibo gave him a curt nod. "And I am trying to make you understand that I have more things to see to at the shelter. I stayed here for a week, Lei is going crazy handling things alone out there." Yibo's eyes narrowed to slits and before the Wang Alpha could say more, Zhan placed his forefinger over Yibo's lips. "I don't want to leave either but I need to go. Lei wouldn't have asked me to come back unless it was absolutely necessary. Uncle Shen also called multiple times, he said he needs to discuss something important with me. I have to go." "But I just got you back", Yibo mumbled, too low for Zhan to hear but when Zhan heard the soft spoken words, his heart melted.

"You'll see me again. Wei Wei's birthday is coming. We have planned a small celebration at the shelter like she wanted so, you'll see me there." "I'll plan it here. This is her home too. Let's do it here", came the grunted response and Zhan poked Yibo's forehead. "Everyone at the shelter misses her. They want to see her and this will be the perfect opportunity." Raising his head up Zhan planted a soft chaste kiss on the corner of Yibo's lips and brushed Yibo's nose with his. "Once the party is done, I'll come here again. I'll even stay longer than a week, Okay?" A grunt was all he got before Yibo's weight came down on him. The Alpha buried his face in Zhan's neck and Zhan caressed Yibo's back, smiling as they got surrounded by comfortable silence. "She is leaving today. I thought you should know", said Yibo after a while and Zhan rubbed Yibo's back. "It's good for her."   "I have a few people watching her. I don't trust her." Zhan hadn't told Yibo the entirety of how majorly the woman was fucking everything up but he hadn't needed to. Yibo had realised that YuQi would create more problems which was why she had been given a week to relocate or be banished from the pack."  "Don't go", Yibo said again after some time and Zhan kissed the Alpha until they both ran out of breath  "I'll be back soon. You won't even miss me."  "Alpha!!" Both men groaned hearing the loud call and Zhan made a face, whining out loud as Yibo left his arms. "This better be important or it's going to be your face I break this time", Yibo hollered at Haoxuan and despite of Zhan trying his best to cling to Yibo, he was left on the bed after Yibo kissed his cheek. Zhan plopped right back down on the bed with his arms wide open and took in a deep breath. His phone buzzed and Zhan saw he had received a text from Wei Wei asking him if he could drop by. Zhan had wanted to speak to her before leaving the territory anyway do Zhan decided to go. The scent of sandalwood lingered in the air, on him and Zhan stayed on Yibo's bed for minutes before getting up. He went downstairs and seeing no sign of Yibo, concluded that something important must have come up. Zhan left the packhouse giving FanXing and Feiyu a nod before making a beeline for the cabin where Liu Fang and Wei Wei were staying.