14. I know how it feels...

"Oh! Come on, Zhan-ge. There is something cooking between you and the Wang Alpha. Just tell me what it is."  "I have said it a thousand times before already, Wei Wei. It's nothing." The girl as expected had been hounding Zhan, following him everywhere, asking the same thing again and again. Zhan had hoped the girl will back down after his repetitive denials but she didn't. In fact, Wei Wei only got more aggressive. "Gege, you can't hide it anymore. Everyone saw how the Wang Alpha was looking at you. As if he wanted to devour you whole. Ah!!! It was so hot", the woman said fanning herself, her eyes dreamy. Zhan chose to ignore her and walked away but Wei Wei took hold of his elbow, making him stop. "Spill the beans, Zhan-ge. I know something is going on between you guys. He already came to see us at your request. He follows you around all day. Liu Fang saw you guys getting cozy in the backyard that day and Aunt Su has already told me that you guys were friends before. Is it true? Were you guys together back then? Are you guys really dating now? I can't tell you how excited-" "STOP, WEI WEI!!!!", Zhan bellowed and the woman flinched at Zhan's loud voice.

Zhan had tried. He had really tried to keep himself under control but he couldn't take it anymore. Wei Wei's eyes filled with tears and her lower lip wobbled making Zhan feel like the biggest asshole on the planet. He had never...ever raised his voice at Wei Wei. He was always patient with her, always calm but Wang Yibo was a sensitive topic and stupidly, Zhan had taken his anger out on Wei Wei. "Xiao Wei-", Zhan called but the girl ran away, wiping her tears as she went. Zhan called her name again and again but she didn't stop and Zhan sighed, feeling horrible. Things weren't easy these days which was why Zhan was on edge. More and more packs were siding with Chang Xia, the threats increasing everyday. There were a lot of people in the shelter who had enemies, they had run from something or the other and Zhan had no idea how but Chang Xia had tracked down the packs that had a rift with the members of Hope. As expected, they had agreed to help her. Everyone was scared because of the constant threats and if this wasn't enough, for the past week Yibo was all over Zhan. The Alpha was always at the shelter, his eyes following Zhan everywhere and Zhan had failed in putting a stop to it. He had argued with Yibo a few times, had yelled, threatened, whined but nothing had come of it. The Alpha refused to stop and Zhan didn't want to admit to himself but his defenses were crumbling. Zhan's head was all over the place due to all the problems piling up and Zhan had taken all of it out on Wei Wei. The girl was already feeling guilty for bringing trouble to the shelter and rather than easing her worries, Zhan had been such a big jerk to her.

Zhan ran outside to follow Wei Wei and looked around, sighing on finding no sign of the girl. Zhan walked to her room that she shared with Liu Fang and knocked on it, his brows furrowing when no one answered. "Wei Wei?", he called but got no response. "Do you need something, Zhan-ge?" The question came from behind Zhan and Zhan's eyes met Liu Fang's narrowed ones. "I came for Wei Wei", Zhan answered hoping the boy would know where his mate was but Liu Fang's eyes narrowed even more. "She told me she was going to see you. I'll call her." Zhan chewed on his lips as the younger called Wei Wei but his anxiety increased when even after various calls, Wei Wei didn't answer and Liu Fang got worried when she turned her phone off. "She turned her phone off. I'll look for her." The boy ran saying the words and Zhan followed him. The pair questioned everyone they passed but no one seemed to know where Wei Wei was. "She can't just vanish into thin air!", Liu Fang growled and Zhan could understand the Alpha's anger. They had been searching for the past twenty minutes but had found no sign of Wei Wei. "Did she say anything when she ran away?", Fang enquired and Zhan miserably shook his head, his heart thundering with fear. "I...I shouldn't have yelled at her." Zhan's words were heavy with regret and Yubin patted his shoulder in support. "We should keep looking. Zhuocheng and Wang Yibo have put a few people to work. I am sure she is hiding somewhere around and we'll find her soon."  Zhan nodded his head but he doubted his friend's words. Him and Liu Fang had searched every nook and cranny of Hope but hadn't found Wei Wei. What was weirder was that no one had seen Wei Wei leaving the shelter either. "Yubin, you and the others keep searching around the shelter. Call me if you find her. Me and Fang will check outside." Zhan and Fang got into his car and checked everywhere they could but even after three hours of continuous effort, found nothing. "Fuck!", Fang growled again and Zhan stared at the Alpha who was an inch away from losing his temper. "We will find her, Liu Fang", Zhan reassured and the Alpha looked away, his eyes focused on the road no doubt looking for Wei Wei. They checked the cafe Wei Wei worked at but she wasn't there either and Liu Fang finally lost it. "If anything happens to her I will kill you, Xiao Zhan", the boy snarled but Zhan didn't take offense. He knew Liu Fang was afraid. Deathly afraid. The wolf couldn't sit still, his hands trembling and eyes tearing but Zhan didn't offer the boy any reassurances. It was of no use anyway. They were getting back in the car planning on checking some other spots when Zhan's phone rang. Seeing it was Yibo, Zhan answered the call his voice heavy with emotion when he spoke. "Yibo...I can't find Wei Wei." Zhan's voice was barely above a whisper, fear evident in his tone and Liu Fang heard the Alpha's low growl from the other end before he began speaking, "Come to the abandoned building near the old town road. The girl is here. Bring Liu Fang with you." The words were not even finished and Zhan revved the engine of his car driving faster than he had ever before. Twenty minutes later, Zhan and Liu were near the old Town road running towards the building.