17. I don't need you...

Yu Qi saw Yibo look at her and her heart thundered in anticipation. She knew she could have the Alpha. He needed her just as much as she needed him. She had been by his side for so long and Yibo had always been good to her. Yu Qi refused to admit that Yibo didn't need her anymore and wanted someone who didn't even understand what was happening to Yibo. Yibo took a step forward towards her and Yu Qi smiled, the scent on her becoming more intense by the second. She wasn't lying when she said she would become that man's shadow. If Yu Qi could, she would have donned the man's skin to make sure her Yibo didn't leave her. "It's okay. Come to me", she spoke gently but the next second found herself pinned to the wall, Yibo's red eyes burning bright with anger and his claws digging into her neck. "You think you can become him?", Yibo's spoke menacingly and fear gripped Yu Qi like never before. "I don't need you. I don't want you. I don't care for you. Dreaming of taking my little wolf's position in my life is signing a death sentence, Omega. Wang Yibo, the man and the wolf have needed just one person in their entire life and that is Xiao Zhan. Mimic his scent again and I will rip your throat out...with my fucking teeth." "Alpha!!", came Haoxuan's loud distressed call and Yibo turned to his beta with a scowl on his face. "Alpha. You need to calm down. They are here. He...Your Omega is here, Alpha." Haoxuan corrected his words at the last moment and the change in Yibo was immediate. The wolf lost some of his anger and his grip on Yu Qi slackened. "Be thankful my Omega is here. If not for him, these walls would have been painted red by your blood. Don't ever try to come close to me again." Yibo pushed her further into the wall and when the woman nodded her head, Yibo let her go. Yu Qi coughed, blood leaking from the wounds on her neck but Yibo paid her no more attention. The wolf relished in the fear that clung to her pores and he growled low in satisfaction thinking that his Omega was here. "I will give you a moment to yourself. They are waiting in the hall." Haoxuan grabbed Yu Qi's wrist and took her out, hissing in anger when she tried to say something. "Don't, Yu Qi."

Inside the room, Yibo took a deep breath hating the scent in the air that surrounded him. His wolf snarled in anger and Yibo walked to his room in long strides, pulling out Zhan's hoodie from his dresser. Bunching the fabric in his hands Yibo took a deep breath, humming in delight when the scent of plum blossoms filled his lungs. The scent seemed to anchor Yibo's wolf, seemed to comfort him and Yibo moaned imagining Zhan in his arms. Now that Yibo had had a whiff of Zhan's enticing scent, the wolf refused to settle for its poor imitation. It had been over five years since Yibo had taken in his little wolf's scent. He had long forgotten the details of the tantalising scent, his trauma making it harder for him to remember but Yu Qi's talent came in handy. It had worked. Initially. Yibo's wolf had responded to the scent and even though the wolf knew the woman's scent was nothing like the exquisite scent belonging to his mate, it had helped calm the anger in Yibo's wolf. But now, his wolf couldn't stand the scent. That day in Lei's office, Yibo had finally had the chance to breathe in Zhan's scent again and his wolf now knew how unique that scent was. Perfect and just right. Like a fine brew of plum blossoms wine. A knock came on his door and Yibo carefully folded the hoodie and placed it back in his dresser. He opened the door and found Feiyu standing before him. Yibo left his room and all but ran to his living room. As soon as he stepped into the room, dark eyes turned to him and something softened in Yibo seeing the worry in those eyes. Yibo noticed the girl shrink away from his eyes and also saw the male beside her pull her closer to him. "Feiyu, call FanXing. He will help them put their things away and will give them a tour of the territory." Yibo's eyes met Zhan's and Yibo's hands clenched into fists because of how much he wanted to touch the Omega. A young man came in minutes later and was all smiles as he greeted everyone. Yibo saw FanXing's eyes widen when they landed on his Omega, clearly taken by the Omega's perfect face but his Omega just gave FanXing a small smile before encouraging Wei Wei to go on. "Zhan-ge?", Wei Wei questioned and Zhan shook his head. "I will talk to Yibo for a while. You go and explore." The girl nodded hesitantly and left Yibo alone with his Zhan.