45. Don't hate me...

Satisfaction hummed in Zhan's bones at the sight of the mark on Yibo's skin. His wolf let out a content howl within him and Zhan felt a rush like he had never before at the knowledge that Yibo belonged to him now. No one could ever deny Zhan's claim on his Alpha now. No one could take Yibo from him. Yibo was his. Irrevocably his. Zhan's wolf was sated, filled with joy, so utterly smug and Zhan completely shared those sentiments but a glance at Yibo made Zhan question himself. "What have you done?", came a harsh whisper tainted with rage as Zhan leaned back against the wardrobe behind him raising his eyes to Yibo's. The Wang Alpha looked so terrified it almost...almost made Zhan feel guilty. His heart was heavy seeing the sorrow, the yearning, and the fear in Yibo's eyes. The Alpha was shaking, his hands clenched into tight fists by his sides and Yibo's eyes were filled with so much lust and rage, Zhan wasn't sure if Yibo was going to kiss him or strangle him the next moment. Wang Yibo's throat bobbed as he swallowed hard and Zhan marveled at the self-control his Alpha had. The only thought running through Zhan's head was to complete the mating process and tear Yibo's clothes off but Yibo hadn't moved an inch. Here was Zhan, almost going crazy with need because it felt like he would die if he didn't touch Yibo soon but the Alpha before him stood still not giving in. Realizing Yibo was still going to be stubborn, Zhan took a step toward Yibo only for the Alpha to jump away just as fast.

The reaction would have hurt Zhan if he did not see Yibo's length hardening in his jeans and if he didn't smell Yibo's need for him on the Alpha's skin. The Alpha covered his face with his hands snarling into them and Zhan smiled when he caught the heavy scent of Yibo's arousal surrounding the air. Yibo wanted him. Badly. Zhan could practically taste it in the air. The primal instinct to claim and mate was driving Yibo to the verge of insanity but, unlike Zhan, the Alpha was fighting it. Fighting so hard his skin had begun to turn red and his heart was beating so hard and fast, it seemed to want to leap out of the Alpha's chest. "Give in, baby lion. It's done. Don't fight it", Zhan rasped, his voice husky with need and red eyes glared back at him, the gaze filled with desire and wrath. The Alpha hissed again looking away from Zhan as if trying to shut off the sight of Zhan from his mind but a low growl left him when he smelled Zhan's slick in the air. "This is a mistake. You're going to regret it", Yibo gritted and Zhan shook his head knowing all too well Yibo didn't believe him. "Why are you doing it? Is it because of what I did? I saved you back then so you want to return the favor?Or is this because of me helping Wei Wei and the shelter? Is that what this is? You paying me back, Xiao Zhan?" The Alpha suddenly snarled at Zhan his eyes flashing a bright golden, a perilous growl leaving his throat.

"I don't need you to sacrifice your life because of what I did, Xiao Zhan. Don't be stupid. You don't owe me anything. So whatever this is...pity...guilt...charity...I don't want it. I just need you to leave and live your life. Without any burden, without any guilt, without me. Are you fucking listening to me!!?" The Alpha growled and Zhan gave Yibo a soft look. "I am but you are dead wrong, baby lion. This isn't me pitying you.This is me taking what I've always wanted. You. I want us to bond. Want us to claim each other and live happily together."  "You've lost your fucking mind!!" Ignoring the Alpha's outburst and deciding Yibo needed a little nudge, Zhan's hands raised to his shirt. The Omega undid the buttons on his shirt, smirking when he heard Yibo's sharp intake of breath as his skin was bared for the Alpha's eyes. Yibo's eyes drank him in as if the man wanted to devour him, longing shining in the Alpha's eyes even when there was denial on his lips. "You don't want this. You can't want this. No." "Yibo", Zhan called softly but the Wang Alpha remained rooted to the spot mumbling incoherently. "Look at me, baby lion. I want this." And Zhan did. Zhan's body had come alive, his blood rushing south seeing his mark on Yibo's skin. He could feel himself get wet. Feel himself get ready to take his Alpha. The Omega's hands moved down to his pants to undo them so he could show Yibo how badly he wanted the Alpha but before he could, Yibo's hand encased his wrist in a painful grip. "Snap out of it!!", came the guttural growl and both men stared into each other's eyes, neither of them ready to give in. Raising his head slightly, Zhan cuffed Yibo's hand bringing it up until it was settled around his throat. The hot palm settled on his skin like it belonged there and Zhan moaned at the contact. The Alpha in front of him went deathly still and a heartbeat later an animalistic growl rose in Yibo's chest. The deep, authoritative sound made Zhan shudder and his heart picked up pace. Zhan knew exactly what he was doing. He was calling to the most elemental traits Yibo had within him as he let the Alpha hold him in such a dominant gesture. No Alpha was capable of resisting their Omega. Zhan had been banking on that fact and just like he had hoped, Yibo's pupils dilated, the air around them thickening, growing unbearably hot and heavy.