15. That's not going to end well...

Zhan walked to the Common Hall and Wei Wei crashed into him. "Zhan-ge", the girl sniffled against his chest and Zhan squeezed her tight in his arms. "Don't scare us like that again, Wei Wei. Me and Liu Fang lost our minds looking for you. I am sorry for shouting. Forgive gege, will you?" The head buried his chest moved in a 'yes' and Zhan dropped a kiss over Wei Wei's head.  "I am also sorry, Zhan-ge. I shouldn't have pushed you. I am really sorry."  "It's okay", Zhan said soft and he looked her over, relieved to see that she hadn't been hurt. "Where did you meet Zhang Xuan?", he asked stepping away and Wei Wei's eyes turned to the ground. "I jumped over the wall near the peach tree. I just wanted to go for a walk. I didn't know Zhang Xuan was outside. He covered my mouth and dragged me away." Displeased growls and snarls erupted from the crowd but they came to a stop when Wang Yibo walked into the room, followed by Feiyu and Haoxuan. "Get her bags, Haoxuan", Yibo ordered glaring at Wei Wei and the girl's eyes widened. "What are you doing?", Zhan asked stepping in Haoxuan's way and the wolf turned to his Alpha for further instructions. "What are you doing, Yibo?", Zhan asked, this time louder and Yibo turned to him. "She is leaving Hope. My men will take her to Chang territory." Liu Fang instantly jumped in front of Wei Wei, the others gasping and Zhan walked towards Yibo with a scowl on his face and a warning in his eyes. "Are you out of your mind, Wang Yibo?", Zhan hissed and Yibo crossed his arms, his face utterly calm.

"Tell me, Zhan. Why should I protect a woman who doesn't care about her own life? She wanted to throw a tantrum so she left the shelter walking right into Zhang Xuan's hands. Should I waste my time and resources on someone like her?" Yibo turned his eyes to Wei Wei and the girl shook with fear. "Do you think I am a fool, Chang Wei Wei?", the Alpha growled and Wei Wei hid behind Liu Fang, her form trembling in fear. "Yibo-" "You, Lei and all of these people decided to fight against one of the strongest pack in the country Zhan and for whom? This girl? Someone who is self absorbed and completely incapable of following simple orders?" "Enough, Yibo", Zhan tried but the Alpha's gaze was fixed on the girl, his eyes blazing with anger. "Do you know how crazy your Zhan-ge went looking for you, Wei Wei? He was out there with your mate for three hours combing the streets for you. Chang Xia could have sent more of her men after them and they could have died today. You didn't think, just jumped off a fucking wall to go for a walk when your sister has already shown what she wants to do to you. Did you know that if something had happened to you today what would have that done to Zhan? To Liu Fang?" There was complete silence in the hall all eyes on Yibo and the Wang Alpha stepped forward, his gaze bright golden.

"Tell me now if you don't value your life, Chang Wei Wei. Save us all the trouble and just die at your sister's hands." "Yibo!!", Zhan covered Yibo's mouth with his palm seeing Wei Wei's tears rolling down her cheek. The girl was shaking uncontrollably and Zhan glared at Yibo, furious at the Alpha's behavior. Yibo grasped Zhan's hand in his and uncovered his mouth, his gaze still brimming with anger. "You have put your life on the line for her, Zhan-Zhan. It's time she realises what her stupidity will cost her."  "It was my fault! I made her angry", Zhan admitted but Yibo's eyes narrowed even more. "So,you mean that the next time someone pisses her off, she will drive to Chang Xia and serve her head on a silver platter?"  Zhan's lips pursed at the words and the Wang Alpha walked closer to Wei Wei, his voice stern. "I am warning you today, Wei Wei. Your Zhan-ge and these people might go soft on you, I will not. If you will be a part of my pack, you need to learn how to follow orders." A surprised gasp left Wei Wei and Zhan stared at Yibo in wonder. "You are taking her in?", Zhan asked softly and Yibo gave him a single nod. The Alpha's gaze was softer as he stared at Zhan which everyone in the shelter noticed. "A lot of packs have come to stand with Chang Xia. Right now, Wei Wei is a loner but if she joins the Wang pack, the packs will know it's not just a shelter they are messing with but the Wang pack. It might take the heat off Hope and Wei Wei will be well protected under my territory." "Why would you do that?", Wei Wei asked on a choked whisper as Liu Fang rubbed her back. "Your Zhan-ge wants me to." All eyes turned to Zhan as Yibo said the words and Wei Wei turned to Zhan as well, her eyes filled with gratitude. Zhan saw everyone looking at him and felt the need to clarify things. "The Wang Alpha offered to take you in, Wei Wei. It was his idea and Lei agreed to it.  No one will force you to leave Hope but this is a good thing for you. You will have support from a strong pack and you will be near us. If anything happens, Lei and I will be here." Wei Wei nodded her head, tears still in her eyes and Zhan patted her head when the girl came to hug him. "When can she move in?", Zhan asked and Yibo shrugged a shoulder. "Whenever you want."

Yibo was sitting on his desk massaging his throbbing temples and Haoxuan sighed at the scene. "It has been four days, Yibo." The Alpha heard but ignored Wang Haoxuan's words which wasn't really surprising to Xuan as it happened almost everyday. "Did you tell everyone about Wei Wei?"  "Yeah. Got a room at the packhouse cleared out for her and her mate. Told them to behave themselves and not say anything they shouldn't."  "Tell FanXing to watch out for her." Haoxuan nodded and when Yibo closed his eyes again, Xuan spoke, "Just go and take some rest, Yibo. The important meetings are done, Feiyu and I will handle the rest. You look like shit. Atleast, try to sleep." Yibo had been working long hours the entire week, having meetings with the Alphas of the pack that had decided to help Chang Xia and had managed to scare most of them away. The Alphas had been initially ready to attack the shelter in return for support from the Changs but now that it was known that Chang Wei Wei was a member of the Wang pack, many had taken a step back just as Yibo had predicted. It was easier to target a shelter but targeting an entire pack was a big deal and Yibo's pack wasn't really known for being a sane bunch. Yibo's reputation as a capable Alpha preceded him. No one wanted to mess with the man and Chang Xia was getting impatient and agitated because of it. Last Yibo heard, the woman had met another lion pride to join her but had returned empty handed because the Alpha knew of Yibo. Yibo was clearly in need of sleep after all the hours he had put in but Yibo wasn't tempted to fearing what he would dream of this time.

"Go to Hope if you want. Maybe his presence will relax you", Xuan suggested and Yibo's lips thinned. "Since when is my business yours, Haoxuan? Carry on with the responsibilities of the pack and don't put your nose in my life. If I want an opinion I'll ask for it. My wolf is looking for a way to vent his anger out, don't give him an opportunity."  "All I am saying is that you need rest, Yibo. Your wolf has made his presence known more than ten times these days and it is freaking everyone out. It's clear that your wolf is hounding you to see Zhan. Give him what he wants so that he will ease off a bit. If he snaps, It won't be good." Haoxuan said his part and turned to leave but Yibo's voice stopped him. "My nightmares have returned, Xuan. My wolf isn't stable. If I go to him, my wolf will surface and try to claim him again. He won't care if Zhan is ready or not. I can't do that to him." The pain and shame in Yibo's voice was unsettling and Xuan knew the man was hanging on by a very thin thread.
For Yibo, vengeance had come with a very hefty price. One that Yibo was paying for the last five years. Now that Yibo's wolf was finally around something that could bring him peace, Xuan knew he was not going to let go. "Your wolf won't wait too long, Alpha. If you keep him from being around Zhan for too long, he will lose it and I don't want to say this but you have to know that you might hurt him. Neither you nor your wolf want that but we both know your wolf isn't rational when he goes feral. You threatened Yu Qi, Yibo. Feiyu almost broke his hand holding you back that day. Your wolf is getting more aggressive every passing day and soon he will overpower you. Whatever you want to do, do it fast, man otherwise your wolf will take charge and we both know that's not going to end well." With those words Haoxuan left the office and Yibo was left alone to ponder. Yibo felt his skin prickle again as his wolf tried to reach to surface and Yibo subdued it with much difficulty. Sleep. He needed sleep. If he rested his wolf would calm down. Yibo took a long breath and went to his room, plunging the room into darkness as he slipped under the covers. He would sleep, he would think about good things, he would think about Zhan. It was only Zhan who kept his nightmares at bay. Yibo closed his eyes clutching the wolf pendent on his neck repeating Zhan's name. And Yibo dreamt of his little wolf. He dreamt of his little wolf saving him.