Chapter 4 - Darkness

Eleanor's POV:

While I was walking to class, which luckily I had with Nat, I continued to think when it gets cut off by Nat "Hey you okay?" She asks. "Yeah I'm fine just thinking" I respond.

"You thinking about the nightmare?" She asks, I humm to say yes. "Do you want to tell me what it was about?" You see my nightmares aren't always the same level of scary or okay so my friends make sure to ask if I am comfortable telling them. Because sometimes the nightmares are better kept for myself.

I say "Yeah I think it's best because I need help trying to figure out what is means." She just nods in response telling me to go on.

"Well it started off like usual me getting beat and stuff but the past few weeks they have been weird. First it was my mum's voice telling me to wake up then it slowly started to become a man's voice one thing I noticed is that the voices always say the word remember. Like they are reminding me to remember something and I tried to think about if I forgot something but never found anything.
But today it was different..."

I take a long pause while Nat asks "Different how?"

"Like I said it started off with me getting beat when everything turned white and it was only me. Then I heard a squeal and saw a little girl running around, I followed her and found myself in a sort of living room. There I saw the girl running after two boys who looked 2 or 3 years older than her. After some time I hear a door open and a man walked in. the children all looked at him and the girl went running and was picked up by the man. Just as they were about to yell his name, I heard the voice telling me to wake up."

I finish explaining and look at Nat when she starts speaking "Well one things for sure it is weird, but there has to be a reason for this sudden change. Like a nightmare can't just turn into a dream just like that especially in your case."

I nod in agreement but do nothing else other then focusing on the path ahead, Nat takes the silence as indication I don't want to talk anymore so we just continue walking until we reach class.

-----------

After school:

School just finished and I had already told the boys about the nightmare at lunch, Ava didn't annoy us as much and the pain wasn't so bad. I know it's going to be hell when I get home but right now I don't care.

I get to my bike and start it up. While driving I let all my thoughts vanish and drown out every sound around me. The adrenaline pumping threw me just brings this type of calmness I can't describe.

To my great miss fortune I enter my street where I park my bike a few houses down, hop off and start walking towards my house. Once I get there I see their cars which indicates that they're home and unluckily so are their friends.

This is going to be hell. I think I may prefer school a little bit more than at my house but I guess I can't stall forever. I take a deep breath in and breathe it out ' it's going to be okay' I think to myself.

I open the door and trying to get in without making any noise and do the same with the door. But unfortunately today was not my day because next thing I know I am slamed against a wall.

TW⚠️ violence and strong language

"Where the fuck were you?!" My adoptive father, Tim, who makes me call him sir screamed in my ear.

"Probably fucking some guy. Weren't you you little slut." My adoptive mum, Karen, who makes me call her miss says and then I feel a sharp pain on my back. I hiss but do nothing else.

"Answer her you bitch!" Tim screams again but this time he slams by body hard against the wall. I cry out in pain and taste the blood that ran down from my nose into my mouth. 'Great a bloody nose' I think to my self.

"N-no I promise I-I was at sch-school" I explain stuttering. I know I can probably take them all down by myself but I can't risk it.

"Liar!" Tim screams and throws me to the ground. I groan in pain but make no move to get up. I look at Karen and see she has a piece of a broken beer glass bottle.

Before I can do anything she stabs the piece of glass in my stomach. Then I feel something rough hit me in the exact same spot. I cry and scream in pain but they just keep going, out if the corner of my eye I see their friends laughing at me and saying how pathetic I am.

"Stupid bitch, did you really think you could leave without a beating and expect not to get a double one when you got back huh?" Karen asks furious.

"N-no, please stop please it hurts so bad. Aaaaaah" I try to explain but I feel a hard kick on my foot. I manage to look down a bit and see that one of their friends is now joining in.

Suddenly I am surrounded by my guardians, and their 4 friends. Two cutting and stabbing me with knives at my legs. The other two are kicking and punching my stomach and ribs. While Tim and Karen continue what they were doing.

I get sick of this and decide to gather the remaining strength in my body and kick the two people at my legs, a woman and a man, in the face. And punch the two men at my stomach in the shin.

Tim and Karen get distracted which gives me just enough time to get up and start running towards the basement. Once I get there I close the door, go down the stairs and hide under them.

I immediately grab my phone and dial the first number that is saved which happened to be Elliot. I call and he picks on the second ring.

"Lea you okay?" He asks with concern. "N-no Elliot-t I ne-need help" I whisper while letting out quite sobs. "El what's going on?" "The-they are beating me and I don't know if I can take i-it anymore. I d-don't know if I'll make it."

After some time I hear shuffling, sound of car keys and an engine starting and Elliot starts talking.

"Okay Lea first take deep breaths in and out, second don't worry Oliver has called the police and they're on their way so are we. Third where are you?"

"Hiding i-in the bas-basement under the stairs". I croak out.

"Brat where are you we're going to find you, you bitch." I hear one of them say. "Elliot please hurry." "Hold on El we're almost there just hang-" I couldn't hear what else he had to say because my phone was ripped out of my arms and smashed on the ground.

I look up and see Tim, Karen and their friends looking at me furiously. One of the men grabbed me from my hair and dragged me all the way from under the staircase to the living room.

Once we get there the woman screams " you. bitch. what. the. hell. did. you. think. you. were. doing." With every word came a punch to my face.

The three men were kicking. Me in the ribs and I'm pretty sure I heard a few cracks. I start to feel dizzy probably from all the blood loss. I see miss and sir with a knife each looking at me with a smirk.

"That's enough. Get off of her." Miss said and all four of their friends got off. "Now I think it's time we finish you once and for all" miss says as she and sir aimed the knives at my heart and head.

"No please please don't please I beg you." They just laugh at me and get ready to stab me. But before they have the chance we hear a bang and in come a swarm of policemen.

Two of them come running to take miss and sir away but Karen stabs me in the stomach just before one of the policemen grab her.

I scream out one last time in pain start to feel weak fast because of all the blood I lost from fresh and old reopened wounds.

The last I thing I see is my friends running towards me before I let myself fall into the darkness.

--------------

Author's Note:

Words: 1467

Hey guys this chapter 4 and I hope you like it. Sending lots of love from myself and behave of my country to Ukrain. May everything go well and stay strong. Have a good day or night.

xoxo

Purple-writer