Chapter 6 - A Russo

Eleanor's POV:

When I said my name all their eyes went wide and they were staring at me, like I had grown a second head. Almost like they couldn't believe what I was saying. Everyone except Nadir and Natalya. Alina was the first to break out of the trance.

"That's a very nice name sweetheart, and just wondering what's your last name?" She asks as if trying to subtly ask about or say something they know and think I haven't noticed.

I look at her first questionably than at my friends and respond "uhh my last name's Serrano." Ever since I was 15 I always used my mother's last name. After all I didn't want anything associated with them.

Once again just as I say Serrano they all look at each other, while Andrei and Nikolai excuse themselves 'to go talk'. Atleast that's what they said. I look at Nat silently asking if she knows what's going on. She shrugs her shoulders and comes to sit beside me once more.

Her mom and the rest of her brothers go back to normal and just scatter around the room. The boy's introduce themselves but you could feel the awkward tension in the room. You can cut it with a knife.

I just wonder what the other two are talking about.

-------------------------

Nikolai's POV:

When my sister's friend introduced her self we all were in a state if shock. Why? Because that's the name of the Russo's missing sister/daughter also known as my friend's sister.

Once we all collected ourselves again my mom asks what her last name is. Because I'm sure that she doesn't remember her maiden name so we're hoping she knows her mother's.

She looks at mom with uncertainty than at her friends. With a tone of uneasiness she says Serrano and right then and there I knew she was the missing Italian Mafia Princess. Some might say that it's just a surname.

But it is not. In fact not only is it her mother's name but it's Spanish her mother's native language. Me and my father look at each other probably thinking the same thing. He excuses us and we go outside to talk.

When outside father speaks "Do you think it's her?" His tone is one of someone who is unsure but only those who have known him for a very long time hear it. Others just hear his emotionless one.

"I doubt it can be someone else I mean the facts are all there there's the name, the last name which only a very few have, the hair which is the exact shade of his and lastly the eyes only her eyes are like that in her family. You know that."

I explain though I am sure my father can hear the uncertainty. He nods his head and asks "then what are we to do? We can't just call them and say that we found her. She probably doesn't even remember them."

I just look at him with understanding in my eyes. If we were to go into her room and say something like 'hey we're your family's friends do you want us to contact them?' That'd be just stupid.

But I can't help but wonder where her mother is. I know Ella and the minute one of her children is hurt she starts to get very nervous. So not seeing her here makes me wonder where she is.

"Son I know what you're thinking and I am too but it's best not to mention Ella or ask about her remember Eleanor doesn't know that we know her mother. And Im sure her family will find out some way or another besides social services will probably come by soon."

I nod agreeing and after we converse a little more we decide to go back. In the room we see a lot of them laughing except Dimitri who just has a smile on his face. We look at them confused but just shrug and go stand somewhere in the room.