Chapter 7 - Uncertain

Eleanor's POV:

I just stare eyes wide and my jaw is on the ground. There's no way in life or death, on earth or in space was I related to the Russo's no fucking way. I won't believe it.

There's no way I'm the lost Italian Mafia Princess, it's just impossible. From the corner of my eyes I can see James, Oliver and Nat just as baffled.

We stayed liked that for few more minutes until we went back to normal just staring waiting for them to continue explaining. Because honestly if they're going to make me believe that I am a Russo they need a good fucking explanation.

"We understand this might be shocking but-" Niko tries to say but I cut him off.

"How are you so sure. How can I know you're not just joking with me?" I ask, this whole thing is making my head hurt.

"We understand it's not easy to believe anyone who comes in and says something like that. But let me ask you this would we be telling you if we weren't?" Andrei explains.

I got to admit he does have a small point, but I need more proof I can't just trust them. After all I've been lied to too many times.

"If you want me to believe you, you're going to need to give me some proof." I say my face going cold and using my business voice.

They nod and Niko starts to explain "First all Russo's have signature green eyes and most of them have black hair similar to yours. Next your eyes are the same shades of your father's and mother's. The last name Serrano I'm pretty sure that's your mother's last name correct?"

I nod and he continues.

"That pendant you have around your neck" He says pointing to my necklace that mum gave as a gift for my twelfth birthday before we were separated. "We've seen it before and we have no doubt that it's your mother's she never took it off. And lastly you and Nat had known eachother since birth. Our mother and yours were in the same room and you were inseparable just like you are now. If that's not enough proof then we'll simply do a DNA test to prove it."

After that I just sit saying nothing, face emotionless thinking back to the day my mum gave me her pendant. When she gave me it she said to not open unless really needed, I remember the conversation clearly.

It had just struck 1 am the time I was born and I was informed that they will be coming any minute to separate me from mom. I was sobbing at the fact that I won't have my mother there to comfort me anymore.

When I calmed down my mom spoke "sweetheart listen to me you are strong okay and I know that you'll make it with or without me. Remember you will never lose me because deep down I will always be with you in here" She points towards my heart.

She removes her arms from around me who were keeping me in an embrace and goes to remove her necklace. She places it around my neck and continues to talk "here keep this around your neck and whatever you do do not take it off. And underall circumstances don't open it-"

"Why?" I ask interrupting her.

"Sweatheart do you trust me?" I nod. "Good so trust me when I say that the answers you seek will unravel with time I promise. Think of this as your birthday gift from me to you. If you ever feel like you need comfort just look at it and remember me. And the most important thing is that you never forget who you are and how strong you are okay? Do you understand?"

"Yes I- I understand I promise I won't forget and to never open th-the pendant unless ne-needed." I promise her chocking through my sobs.