Chapter - 12 Genetics

Eleanor's POV:

It's weird knowing that I have to form a bond with these people, especially when they're strangers to me. I can tell they have this image of me being an innocent shy girl, a girl that hasn't grown ever since she was 5 years old. I once was.

But my innocence was taken, mentally and physically when I turned 11. I was stripped of everything, they never liked seeing me happy. Whenever my mom tried to cheer me up they would always find a way to make me upset no matter the cost.

I had gotten so used to not smiling, laughing, or even just feeling the happiness that I forgot what my laugh sounds like, what my smile looks like, and what it feels like to be happy. I forgot everything and anything that had to do with happiness.

Even my friends couldn't make me smile, I had missed them so much during my years in captivity but when I saw them again all I did was cry.

When I escaped, all I could think about was survival and what I would do. After I got adopted, I didn't have time to think about being happy again because I knew I had to do anything I had to at any cost to fight. To survive.

There was once a moment in time before I was fully adopted where I thought I could rest, that I was finally going to be happy. Unfortunately, those dreams didn't last long, they had told me that I wasn't there to get adopted but to work as their slave and that's when I stopped hoping that I will ever be happy.

My unableness of not being able to feel happiness is all I could think about until we reached outside the dining room.

I shut my thoughts off so that I could focus on what happens around me while with these people. Can't have them finding out.

Lodovico opens the door but doesn't go inside, he signals me to enter first but I hesitate. He gives me a small nod and I go in.

It's astonishing, it has 3 enormous chandeliers hanging above the table from the ceiling, and a long table in the middle of the room with approximately 20 chairs surrounding it. It had a white tablecloth covering the whole surface of the table, on top, there were plates in front of each chair with a fork on one side and a knife on the other. Glasses stood above the forks and numerous dishes of food were splayed out in the centre of the table.

There were pictures on the walls giving the room an artistic feeling.

I guess these people like the artistic aura.

I see their father sitting at the head of the table with Matteo to his right, Lorenzo, and the eldest twins next to him

I see their father sitting at the head of the table with Matteo to his right, Lorenzo, and the eldest twins next to him. The eldest triplets are on the left side of the table. Leonardo is sitting next to Tammaro, the two seats next to him are empty probably for me and Lodovico to sit on. Alexander, Braxton, and Brody are as well sitting on the left side while Bryson is sitting on the right side in front of one of the empty seats.

I hope I don't end up sitting in front of him, I'm still angry at what he said about Mom. Lodovico walks past to sit next to his twin and, luckily, in front of Bryson. I go sit in between Lodovico and Alexander.