Chapter 14 - Memories

Eleanor's POV:

The sound of the clicking from my laptop's keypads is the only sound in the room. My concentration is solely on my laptop. My back rested against two pillows I propped up against the headboard.

I finished discussing the rules a few minutes ago. They agreed to let me just inform them when I am going out and assured me they will talk to Bryson. Furthermore, they didn't say much about my drinking in the past, just told me, in simple words, to not do it again until I am of age.

I noticed that the eldest, Matteo I believe, was looking at me the entire time. I felt the holes his eyes bored into my head throughout the conversation.

I could tell he was trying to figure me out. But it felt as if he knew something else was going on. He was catching on and it had only been a few hours since I met them.

Though that can be just my paranoia speaking. He could just be trying to make me think that. Still, I will have to keep a close eye on him along with Alexander.

They also informed me that all the rooms, excluding the kitchen and living room, were soundproof. Honestly, it relaxed me a little, knowing I can talk with my friends and not have to worry about them hearing.

I was also offered a tour of the house after dinner, which I agreed to so that I can get familiar with the place.

Before ending the conversation back at Francesco's office, which in reality felt like a meeting, they mentioned my schooling, they were proud to know that I had skipped a year.

I briefed them about how back in London my school was in the middle of doing exams. 

Due to this Francesco had to send an email to my school to see what I can do about the exams. Luckily I don't have any exams this week so I will just study for next week. And I was lucky that I didn't miss any during my time at the hospital.

My graduation is another thing. I know for sure that I don't want to graduate here. I want to graduate with my friends in London, I bet even Nat's family will fly over to London for her graduation.

But my school is weird.

They have our graduation after the summer break. It is for a reason I do not know but right now I am grateful for this decision. This gives me enough time to work out how to ask these men to take me to London.

But that is thinking for later and future Eleanor. My mother always said that I shouldn't dwell on things that have a long period between now and then. And she always knows what she's saying so I trust her.

Turns out I didn't have to print the documents I had asked Chloe to send me. I could just work them on my laptop which felt like a relief. After I finished most of them I started some research.

I was doing some digging about the Mafias that belong to the Russo family. What I know is that they have two; Italian, which belongs to Francesco. And Greek, which belongs to Francesco's sister, Eris Russo.

It shocked me a bit, as normally if the title doesn't go to the eldest it would go to the secondborn. Through the research, I found out that Eris is the fourth out of five children. So it is a peculiar discovery.

I kept scrolling until I found a large picture taking up almost my whole laptop screen. The numerous men in the picture are what caught my eye first, then the few women.

I found Francesco and in front of him were the boys, some of the eldest beside him. Next to them, continuing in a line, were four other families. The second two families had five boys each.

Then there was the fourth family which I am guessing is Eris' family. It was her, a woman I am assuming is her wife, and a teenage girl who looked somewhat my age. The last was the youngest brother, his husband and a teenage boy, who looked to be the same age as Eris' daughter.