Chapter 14 - Dr Kafka

Dr Connors is taken out of the room. He shakes his head and sighs. The elevator opens and he steps in and sees a man with glasses and a white lab coat.

"Fisk give you a hard time huh?" Dr Connors turns around looks at him in the eyes.

"What is it to you?"

"I overheard you work at the Horizon Labs down town. Dr Connors your name is?" He looks startled at the strange man, "How do you know that." The man laughs.

"Not relevant, I heard about your Lizard DNA research walking past Fisk's office. I hate this place. Oscorp just screams trouble and with a man like Wilson Fisk taking over, this place is doomed. What Horizon are doing is exactly what Oscorp should. They treat their staff with respect and trust their research. Fisk actually did you a favour on not giving you a job here. The first thing I'm going to do in the morning is quit this job and get an interview with Max Modell down at Horizon. I'd say you and I could achieve big things." Dr Connors stares at him.

"Who are you exactly?"

"I am the anonymous man who you spoke to on the phone. Dr William Kafka."

Peter's door is knocked. Peter says, "Come in."

"Pete, he says it's urgent." Ursula tells him.

Peter walks out and picks up the landline, "Peter, is that you, Peter? Where are you? It's Five O'clock?"

"Shoot. I'll be there in a wiz!" Peter runs into his apartment and changes pants, ties his tie and arrives outside the Oscorp tower.