Chapter 24 - The Illusion

Mary Jane is put in a black room, "Do you really want to be with a man, who has this happening to him every night?" Quintin taunts her with.

She is put in an alleyway and shown Spider-Man being beaten up by thugs. Spider-Man is thrown in the distance and flies into a wall.

Mary Jane is then attacked by the thugs. She kicks them away and knocks one out, showing another style of Mary Jane we hadn't really seen yet, a badass. As she defeats the gang, Mysterio flies behind her. He grabs her by the neck.

She is taken out of the illusion as she is still held by the neck. Mary Jane is held up in the air as Quintin chokes her out.

"What's the matter, redhead. Too much for ya!?"

She tries to say something but then stops moving.
Mysterio throws her lifeless body against the wall and flies back out of her smashed window.

Jameson is sat in his office and lights a cigar.
Peter walks through the Daily Bugle late as Betty sighs. "Peter, Jameson wants to see you in his office."

Peter looks up at Jameson, who is staring out of the window with a cigar in his mouth, "Good look Peter."
Ben Urich tells Peter.

He walks in. He breathes and lets the smoke out. "Sit down Parker." Peter listens and then apologises, "Jameson, I'm sorry I'm late it won't happen agai-."

"You're fired."

Peter is shocked. How is he going to afford the new condos rent without a job? The job at Horizon has gone down the tubes and now this, "What?" Jameson turns around and takes the cigar out of his mouth. "Listen kid it's out of my control." Peter begs him, "Please Jameson, I need the job I need to afford the rent for my condo. I've still got good pictures of Spider-."

"We're going digital. Pictures of your little bug friend don't sell papers anymore. We're under new ownership and I'm going to have to speak on a green screen for my pay check, makes me sick. I can offer you a severance package and that's it. Hoffman, Robbie, Betty, Ben, all of the staff are all out by next week."

Jameson turns back and around and stares out the window. Peter walks out the office with an awful look on his face. Robbie sees this and walks over to talk to him.

"Sorry Peter. Just know Jameson did everything that he could to keep you on."

Betty says, "You've been great to work with Peter."
And hugs him.

Peter walks out of the Daily Bugle and gets a phone call. He reaches into his pocket and takes out his phone, "Hello?" Peter's face drops as we cut to him bursting through the doors of a hospital and walking up to the front desk.

"I'm looking for May Parker."

We see Peter stood in the hospital corridor with the familiar Dr Miles Warren. He tells Peter that Aunt May has taken a tumble in her apartment and broken her hip.

The door is opened by Dr Miles Warren to let Peter in. "Peter look I'm sorr-." Peter says, "No Aunt May. Don't apologise."

"Listen, I know you hate hearing this but

"Listen, I know you hate hearing this but. Please can you just consider living with me. I'm worrying every day now, every time I get a phone call my heart drops. It makes me sick to one day think that I'll get a call from Dr Warren that something fatal has happened."

Aunt May then brings up the possibility of going to a nursing home. Peter stays silent. He realises that could be the best option even though it breaks his heart. The thought of Aunt May living alone scares him but the thought of living with her would still have its issues with money as he now has to look for another job.

"Anyway that's enough about me, how are you Peter?" He replies, "Well, I've got some new to tell you. I got fired today." Aunt May says, "Oh Peter." Peter says, "Ah well. It was no one's fault. Bugles going digital and the whole staff is out next week."

"What are you going to do?" Peter replies, "Well, I guess look for a new job. But I just don't know if I'll be able to find one. I uh, don't have the time."

Aunt May asks, "Why?" Peter sits there and tries to think about what to say, "Oh, the horizon job, there's a package I'll be rec-"

She interrupts, "Peter. I know." Peter is taken aback, "Know what." May smiles, "Everything. All the people you've saved. All the good you've done." She moves forward to Peter, "I am, so proud of the man you have become." Peter stares at her then stands up from his chair. He looks down at May and then gives her a big hug.

It fades into Peter is in his Spider-Man outfit and drops his mask on the floor. He is exhausted after this long day after being fired, going to the hospital about Aunt May and have to stop crime.

He lies down as he goes to sleep in his apartment.

Peter wakes up in his Spider-Man outfit with his mask on. His blurry vision makes it hard to see his exact whereabouts, but you can make out at that he is surrounded by a series of power stands.

A wide shot is shown of where Spider-Man is. The climax of this movie will take place in is an old, run down and abandoned Oscorp Facility.

A man flies through the space as he lands in front of Peter. It is Mysterio.

Spider-Man says, "Where am I?" Mysterio throws a green tube on the ground. It lets out green smoke as Mysterio flies towards him. Spider-Man is thrown into an illusion.