Chapter 21 - Mary Jane Pays a Visit

When Peter gets home, he crawls through his window and takes his mask off and thinks about what has now happened with Dr Connors.

Peter got what he wanted, Mysterio has been taken down, Aunt May is not under danger from Adrian Toomes and the Spider-Man name is now in a good light. But he doesn't care, he needs one of his mentors, Dr Connors to be healthy and stable again for him to feel happy.

Mr Ditkovich looks at a newspaper from The Daily Bugle.

'Lizard on the Loose. Is Spider-Man at fault?' Is the headline of it.

Mr Ditkovich says, "I must hunt it, and kill it." He looks at his closet and at the Kraven the Hunter outfit, Ursula shouts, "Can you do the leftover dishes please." Ditkovich moves over to the sink and sighs.

"I forgot, I am retired."

Peter calls Mary Jane and asks her to come over. Peter, still in costume with his mask off, talks to her, "Look MJ, about that giant Lizard guy." Mary Jane says, "What about him Pete?"

"Dr Connors." Mary Jane looks at him confused, "He asked me to study some DNA, Lizard, DNA. He wanted to create a cure to grow back human limbs. It wasn't ready, and it's, my fault. Now the city, will be in ruins. Maybe the city was actually righ"

"Peter, it's not your, It's his fault. I mean, what guy accidentally turns himself into a giant Lizard." Peter says, "It was m.." Mary Jane doesn't let him beat himself up.

"Stop, please. Trust me, it's not your fault. For the one thing you did wrong, it wasn't even wrong but you've done everything else and your the glue of this city, holding it together, from the horrible scattered mess it would've been, don't ever forget who you are, you're Spider-Man."

She kisses him on the cheek.

"Thanks MJ. I'm lucky to say Miss Mary Jane Watson is my fiancé. I've also got good news, I'm gonna be leaving this place. I'm getting tired, of that dreadfully faulty door and the terrible creaky floor. I'm thinking of buying us a nice condo downtown, what do you say?"

"Sounds great Pete." Mary Jane says as she smiles at Peter, who smiles back.