Genderbent AU

"Allie!" Kay shouted as she jumped at her.

"Jesus! Oh, hey Kay, what's up?" She asked as she set her tools down.

"Guess what day it is!"

"Tuesday?"

"Nope," she giggled.

"Oh god, do I have a doctors appointment!?"

"No, that's next week, and it's not an appointment,"

"Hmm... someone die?"

"...Why would you think I'd come over to you happy if someone died?" She said without any emotion.

"Fair point... hmm... I don't know, I give up,"

"...It's my birthday..." she started to cry, and Allie got down to her level and hugged her. "Did you really forget?"

"No, of course not, I swear I remembered," she said, trying her best to comfort the little one, while knowing full well she did forget.

"Then why didn't you guess it?"

"Uhh..." she knew she didn't have a lie ready for it, but luckily, Asher came by.

"Why is Kay crying?" He asked.

"She forgot my birthday," Kay cried as she hugged her younger brother.

"And you claim your memory is better than Ashers, even Ruby remembered, and she's terrible at remembering things," he said to her as he shook his head.

"That's true," Allie shrugged. "She still owes me my pens and £20,"

"You ain't ever gonna get that back, you know it,"

"Yeah, but it doesn't hurt to try. Also, I said I did remember your birthday,"

"Then why couldn't you explain why you didn't guess it?" Kay sniffed.

"Umm... fun?" She said quite uncertainly.

"Hmm... now Asher isn't good at picking up tones, but he believes Allie is being truthful," he said.

"You sure?"

"Uh-huh,"

"Okay... can we go?"

"Yah," they left and Allie sighed a breath of relief, before starting to panic again.

"What the fuck am I supposed to get her?!" She muttered. She paced around for 10 minutes, before Layton came in.

"Hey Allie, Sarah wants to see you, not entirely sure why, but I believe it's based on your anger. Why are you pacing around?"

"I completely forgot it was Kays birthday today, and I told her I remembered, so now I don't know what to get for her,"

"Oh... well, think about what she likes,"

"Oh, like... what's it called... Danganamrompana?"

"...What the fuck is that!? You trying to say Danganronpa?"

"Yeah, that's it,"

"Jesus christ girl, you are really bad with names,"

"Yeah. But what relevance does that have to what I should get her?"

"I know the shop down the road sells Danganronpa stuff, so check there," she ran out, and Layton just stared at her. "That bitch didn't even fucking say thank you," he sighed.

"Ehm, where are you rushing off to? We need to talk," Sarah said as she got out of the elevator.

"Now is really not a good time, I need to get Kay a present,"