003.

GLISTENING DIAMONDS.
003. ❛ the cat and the spider

"YOU'VE BEEN BUSY," Steve remarked, his gaze shifting to Tony's young recruit, concealing the fact that he himself had also had recruited a young teenager.

"And you've been a complete idiot. Dragging in Clint. Rescuing Wanda from a place she doesn't even want to leave, a safe place. I'm trying to keep..." Stark sighed, his frustration evident. "I'm trying to keep you from tearing the Avengers apart."

"You did that when you signed."

"Alright, we're done. You're gonna turn Barnes over, you're gonna come with us, now! Because it's us! Or a squad of J-SOC guys, with no compunction about being impolite." Threatened the billionaire, unaware that Steve was silently signaling Diana to prepare for action. "Come on."

Diana nodded in response to Steve's signal, flexing her fingers and causing her retractable claws to unsheathe. "We found it. Their Quinjet's in hangar five, north runway."

With a wink at Scott, Diana watched as he shrunk down and swiftly made his way towards the shield. Steve held his hands up, allowing Clint to shoot the webbing off. At the same time, Diana skillfully threw a rope at the Spider boy's feet, which coiled around his ankles and unexpectedly tightened, causing him to stumble and drop the shield. In an instant, a miniature Scott caught the shield.

"Whoa. What- What the hell was that?" Rhodey exclaimed, looking bewildered at the sudden turn of events.

"I believe this is yours, Captain America," Scott stated, returning to his normal size and handing the shield back to its rightful owner. Meanwhile, the young blonde, Diana, approached and stood beside the two men.

"Oh, great. Alright, there's two on the parking deck. One of them's Maximoff. I'm gonna grab her. Rhodey, you want to take Cap?" Tony declared before taking flight.

As a diversion, Diana swiftly threw a diamond at War Machine's head, creating a distraction. She then noticed Spider-Man swinging towards the terminal. "I got him," she announced, confidence in her voice as she sprinted after the agile young hero.

PETER SWUNG THROUGH the rafters of the terminal, relentlessly pursuing Sam who was flying backward, firing shots at the nimble teenager. Suddenly, Peter stopped on a high beam, his spider-senses tingling as he sensed an object hurtling towards him.

Reacting swiftly, Peter caught the object and immediately threw it back at the Winter Soldier, who was attempting to hide behind a nearby wall. "Hey buddy, I think you lost this!" Peter quipped with a grin.

Taken off guard by Peter's distraction, Sam countered with a powerful kick, sending the young hero tumbling off the beam. But Peter quickly recovered, firing a web at Sam's wings, causing him to crash onto the ground. With his opponent immobilized, Peter deftly webbed Sam to the railing.

"Those wings carbon fiber?" Peter asked in awe, admiring the advanced technology.

"Is this stuff coming out of you?" Sam responded, his confusion evident as he observed the unknown spider-themed hero.

"That would explain the rigidity-flexibility ratio, which, gotta say, that's awesome, man," Peter exclaimed, completely engrossed in analyzing Falcon's gear.